Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dear Dan . . .

. . . Earlier today, I was working on a post about something else, and saw (via Cold Fury) your post expressing extreme discouragement about the current political prospect. So, because of its relevance to the subject I was writing about, I quoted and linked it. That post was forward-dated, and is scheduled to go online Sunday morning, when I'll still be asleep. (I do this a lot.)

Forgive me if, while trying to do what I could to encourage some newbies, I have neglected our long friendshp. You were one of the first guys on the blogosphere to link me when I was at the Zero Hour on my first blog waaaaaay back when, and have been steadfast in your friendship toward me. You have forgotten more about blogging than most people will ever know, and helped me when few others would.

So if I have been thoughtless, neglectful and disorganized, if I have let my e-mail inbox overflow to the point where I can't keep track of what's going on anymore, my apologies if this has in any way contributed to your discouragement. It is all my fault, and I will try to make it right, if I can.

-- STACY

4 comments:

  1. Dan (I'm "Other Dan" for these purposes) stated somewhere today that he was having one of those days, moodwise. I'm sure he'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he'll be fine, too, Other Dan. But I know how bleak things seem to me when I'm discouraged, and one of the things that hurts the most is when I am at that low point and I think, "Hey, where are my friends? Where are those people who sought my help back when? Where are those people for whom I did so many unbidden favors?"

    Well, mea culpa, because I'm as neglectful and as thoughtless as anyone. So when I see a buddy feeling so bummed out, I feel responsible. Because I am responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I understand. I wish there were something I could say or do to pull Jeff up a bit. I think he's just sick of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude - This is Dan R. I have no idea what you mean and don't feel slighted,over looked, or whatever in anyway. If you misinterpreted something, drop me a note. That's what friends do. But I have no issue with you and any mood issue this weekend has more to do with some cancelled plans, than any blog stuff! I'd elaborate but it'd be NSFW! ; )

    ReplyDelete