Thursday, March 12, 2009

DAN COLLINS IS RIGHT!

A brilliant point, expressed concisely:
[C]onsider the Bristol Palin story, that she and Levi whatsisface have called off their engagement. That breaks on the same day that it's reported that John Edwards has reared his silky little head to lecture the nation on poverty at Brown University. One of these babies has a father and was born to a teen out of wedlock. The other one doesn't, and was born to a crazy lady hired to film the candidate (rather than boink him) as he jetted from campaign event to campaign event while his wife's cancer was in remission. I don’t want to belabor the point, but one of these pairs of biological parents screwed the pooch more bigtime than the other.
Dan is an educator, and when he aims to teach a lesson, he whomps the mule in the head. I unjustly trashed Bristol Palin yesterday, and heard many arguments to the contrary, but Brother Dan knows how to whomp a mule in a loving, Christian manner.

Therefore I acknowledge my injustice to Bristol, and hope only good things for her henceforth, that she may walk in the ways of righteousness in the blessings of the Lord. And to the brilliant Dan Collins, a tip of the hat for his educational excellence. One a mule gets smart, he only needs to see the stick.

UPDATE: Conservatives4Palin:
His writing is so good that I would probably still read and link him even if I loathed him.
Yeah, my sister-in-law Ericka says the same thing. After 23 years in the news business, and 20 years of marriage to Ericka's much-sexier older sister, there are two things I'm very good at. One of them is saying, "Yes, dear." Because there's a drawer full of knives in the kitchen, and I've got to sleep sometime.

Fellows, if you want to succeed in life, the trick is to marry a mean sexy woman.

UPDATE II: Speaking of my sexy wife, here's a photo of her when she was 27, and already a mom:

If you'll click that picture, you'll see a picture of Mrs. Other McCain when she was a smokin'-hot 25, in the hot lingerie I bought her for Christmas.
As a home-schooling dad, I'm an educator, too. For the benefit of you newbies, that's a variation of blogospheric method called a "Rick Roll." Pay attention, this will be on the final.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Stacy. All of this time I've been blogging, I've been waiting to see those words.

    *sniff*

    I'm going to call my therapist and let him know there's been a breakthrough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My therapist says he's concerned about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, Mr. McCain. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a comment here and at c4p in anger regarding your post about Bristol Palin. I'm sorry. I should have waited and thought and prayed and responded rationally. Thank you for your grace and honesty and please accept my apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr McCain,

    My first comment here. Thank you for posting this about Bristol. I also enjoyed reading your article about "The Evangelical Collapse". This has been of great concern to me for sometime. I worry about our country and our young children and the environment they are exposed to as well as the lack of Christian teachings they are getting at church. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One was 17 when she got pregnant by another 17 year old. One was a political leader in his 50's and running for President, and the woman was in her 30's.

    We expect this type of behavior from teenagers, but not from grown ups who want to lead the free world.

    Call me crazy, but I think Bristol is going to be fine. Clearly a smart girl that is in over her head.

    As much as I hold to my Christian values, I really have a hard time telling teenagers or anyone else they should get married for the kid's sake. Life is hard enough without jumping into a bad marriage. Talk about from the frying pan into the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also made comment here yesterday re your post on BP. Having come back today and seen your update, your comments about responsibility to parents very much strikes a chord with this "know nothing".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize that Bristol's mother was a VP nominee, but it seems like Levi is getting off incredibly light.
    Generalizing, let me crank up the volume:
    The Societal Decay Will Continue Until Men Display Accountability.
    Now, I'm not privy to all of the details of Levi's case. I don't know him, it's not my business, and the position of judgment is a precarious seat.
    But if he was my brother, the conversation would go something like:
    "Dude, you need to ask forgiveness, first of the Almighty, and then this woman who's mothered your child. You can man up, repent, and do the honorable thing, or spend the rest of your days on this mortal plane knowing that you've behaved like a cretin."

    I realize that accountability is a lost concept for those on the left of the political spectrum, but I daresay there's a remnant out there who know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn RS, you folded like Michael Steele...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked at the trap, Ray.

    ReplyDelete