Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Liberals exploit opportunity, rename it, 'Mary Jo Kopechne Health Care Bill'

No sooner had the "fat drunk who killed Mary Jo Kopechne" reached room temperature than Ted Kennedy's only rival for senatorial shamelessness, Kleagle Robert Byrd, sprang into action:
Byrd said he hoped healthcare reform legislation in the Senate would be renamed in memoriam of Kennedy.
"I had hoped and prayed that this day would never come," Byrd said in a statement. "My heart and soul weeps at the lost of my best friend in the Senate, my beloved friend, Ted Kennedy."
Byrd's wistful statement focused on the work accomplished with Kennedy during decades together in the Senate, and called on the healthcare bill before Congress to be renamed in honor of Kennedy.
"In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every white Gentile American . . ."
(Hat tips: Memeorandum, Gateway Pundit.) BTW, we've had problems with the editing process here lately, and that last quote might be slightly garbled.

However, there are no garbles in the ongoing stream of tributes to the late Mary Jo Kopechne who, today, is receiving the fitting obituary remembrance she was denied 40 years ago. It's enough to touch the heart of Ann Coulter.

UPDATE: Thanks to Bob Belvedere for this image:

We do hereby declare and proclaim August 26, 2009, to be MARY JO KOPECHNE MEMORIAL DAY

UPDATE II: Because so many have been inspired by this tribute to Miss Kopechne -- as well as by my farewell remembrance of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's foreign-policy legacy -- some readers have asked the question, "But Stacy, what can we do?" And therefore, I urge you to give generously to The McCain-Kennedy Kopechne Memorial Health Care Fund.

(ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The McCain-Kennedy Kopechne Memorial Health Care Fund is neither non-profit, charitable nor tax-exempt. So far as anyone can determine, all proceeds go to help pay the bills of Robert Stacy McCain, his wife and six children who, as luck would have it, are among the umpteen kazillion uninsured Americans that liberals keep whining about. However, because Mr. McCain's children are neither illegal immigrants nor Democrats, liberals don't give a damn about them. Any resemblance between The McCain-Kennedy Kopechne Memorial Health Care Fund and a so-called "tip jar" PayPal account is probably coincidental. IYKWIMAITYD. Contributions to The McCain-Kennedy Kopechne Memorial Health Care Fund are not tax deductible, although it's possible you might get a little kickback by way of a free beer if you should ever catch me in a bar with cash in my pocket. And good luck with that. GIVE NOW -- it's for the children!)

13 comments:

  1. How about " The Edward M. Kennedy Bridge Railing Re-construcion Act"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you, Mary Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping TK would hold on throughout the health care debacle because you could see this coming 1,000 miles away if he passed.

    Years ago, I picked up a little book called Black Water by Joyce Carol Oates. I thought at the time it was purely a fiction horror genre book. Well, it was horrific and partly fictional, but I was shocked at the facts it was based on (what can I say, I've been a political ostrich for years and years and she died when I was three).

    Poor Mary Jo and her family, what an injustice. When I saw TK's face, all I could think of was he got off scott free and I don't think 46 years of public service should ever or could ever make up for something like that.

    anginak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - Let's name it after Ted - KENNEDYCARE

    My thoughts today are with Mary Jo and her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good bye good riddance

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny how the msm always talks about camelot and the kennedys in the same breath however never mentioning the beautiful lady of the lake rip mary jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great site that you have here. I have a site myself where anyone can freely express their opinion towards controversial debate topics. I feel as if this is a way for people to have their voices heard. Anyone is welcome to express their opinions.

    Anyway, keep up the good work and maybe we can do a link exchange.

    Sincerely,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I were ever to commit the cowardly acts he did that night in 1969 and fail to die trying to save my companion I would hope that I suffer as much as Ted did in his final year.

    Mary Jo may not be looking down and smiling today, but the devil is surely smiling about his newest resident.

    Jeff Carlson
    www.harlemghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need for embalming........

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never liked or cared for his politics. However I will not say anything but this. "May GOD have mercy on his soul" Pro-Abortion and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quoted from and linked to at:
    http://www.thecampofthesaints.com/2009.08.23_arch.html#1251331635453
    along with the famously banned National Lampoon ad.

    Thanks for the linky love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only a liberal democrat could get drunk, drive a car off a bridge, leave a young woman to die, get the MSM to cover-up his criminal cowardice, and be re-elected Senator for life. And God Bless the voters of Massachusetts.

    BTW, I hear the Massachusetts Democrats (I know its redundant) are considering Pee Wee Herman to fill the big man's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May God Bless Mary Jo Kopechne Forever.

    ReplyDelete