Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ready for 'hip-hop Republicans'?

Michael Steele thinks you are:
Newly elected Republican National Committee Chairman Michael S. Steele plans an "off the hook" public relations offensive to attract younger voters, especially blacks and Hispanics, by applying the party's principles to “urban-suburban hip-hop settings."
The RNC's first black chairman will “surprise everyone” when updating the party's image using the Internet and advertisements on radio, on television and in print, he told The Washington Times.
Did somebody say, "off the hook"?

Now you asked me, baby,
Say, what's my name?
I said I go by the name

Of Stacy McCain
And I'm the best --

I'm the creme de la creme!
My friends are all jealous
'Cause I'm better than them.
I'm a master of the amorous arts,
A well-known breaker
Of the ladies' hearts.
I been breakin' hearts
From coast to coast.
I'm in the Guinness Book of Records
'Cause I broke the most.

Now, it's time to introduce you
To my man Mike.
He's a free-stylin' daddy
Like I know you'll like.
Gonna bring some magic action
To the GOP.
With some super satisfaction
From the RNC.
Democrats ain't that
'Cause they can't bring the funk
Like Mike excites the night
With the elephant's trunk.

Now, let me hear you cheer
The American Dream!
From Maryland, our chairman's
Gonna make you scream.
Like the Reagan Revolution

And like in '94,
Mike's got the Right solution
That you want some more.
See the fact is that your taxes
Are still way too high.
And Obama?
Mama, that Democrat
Is gonna drain you dry.

Now I could keep on syncopatin'
'Til the break of dawn,
But the time for celebratin'
Will be later on.
And just in case you missed it,
Ladies, let's be clear:
Mike's number is unlisted
But the party's right here,
With a hiphop chairman
At the RNC,
He's a mojo repairman --
And you heard it from me!
Is that fresh? Is it def?
Is my jive signified?
Baby, I just bring the beats.
I hiphop. You decide.

4 comments:

  1. oh man. RS, the rhyme was fine, but this is kind of like when your friends come over to play and your parents try to act "hip" and you want to cringe...
    Or this is kind of like when the tobacco companies change their names in order to project a softer image.
    But Steele is going to find it hard to sell that new and improved GOP image when you have the NY Post and Limbaugh contradicting that message. What is Monica Crowley to do now?
    Obviously Steele doesn't get it. Marketing ploys will only go so far until the culture of the Retaliban party changes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! That was awesome.

    Young-4-Eyes - exactly how do the NY Post and Limbaugh contradict Steele's message?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, let's see....Steele's image restoration project is intended to make the GOP seem more inclusive and dare I say " with it".
    The tragic mistake of the NY Post to publish that retarded cartoon and Rush's incessant race baiting is in direct opposition of what Steele is trying to accomplish. It's a contradictory message, and thats fine if you're waging psychological warfare.
    I'm sure Steele knows this and will try to put a soft touch on the pointy hoods of Retaliban talking heads and news outlets. But how does he intend to control his message when the spokespersons of the GOP continue, for the sake of ratings, cross the line on race issues?

    ReplyDelete