Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dick Cavett's tears of Hope

Move over, George Stephanopoulos, make room for another choked-up media liberal:
I had neither planned nor expected to cry.
I was amazed at how many times, watching the all-day spectacle, I lost it. . . .
"Historic" and "historic moment" and "historic day" were repeated mercilessly, but remained true. Only a zombie could fail to feel the truth of it.
While I don't claim to speak for all zombies, I'm reminded of Matthew Archbold's comment on Stephanopoulos: "[W]e're supposed to believe that he's objective. I'm not sure I can get there unless he cried when Clarence Thomas was sworn onto the Supreme Court."

Hey, BTW, Dick, does it bother you that Pinch Sulzberger is rumored to be schtupping Caroline Kennedy?

3 comments:

  1. Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?

    Who knows; who cares!

    I didn't watch to coronation. Didn't want to know; didn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised. He didn't choke up when Jerome Rodale kicked the bucket, but then again, being interviewed by Dick tends to put people to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is with these big sissy-babys blubbering over an election?? Ronaldus Magnus was the best President in my lifetime bar none but I wasn't out there crying like a wuss when he got elected. In fact I was in some ways doing the exact opposite - laughing like a hyena at the 84-era Libs embarassment at their inability to win more than one state.

    ReplyDelete