Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Man, am I getting ripped off!

Technorati reports (via WaPo via Hot Air) that blogs with 100,000 unique monthly visitors collect $75,000 a year in ad revenue.

Considering that I've already logged 254,000 visitors for September -- with seven days remaining in the month -- this means I should be hauling somewhere in the vicinity of $18,000 ad revenue for the month.

LOL and STFU, as we say in the blogosphere.

If I were a liberal, I'd say this shows how I'm getting ripped off by Corporate AmeriKKKa. But since I'm conservative, I'll blame it on (a) the idiot media that doesn't know what they're talking about, and (b) my lack of diligence in seeking ways to monetize my traffic.

Idiot media, lazy me. It's not nearly as self-validating as the Getting Oppressed By The Man narrative, but it's probably a heckuva lot closer to the truth.

At any rate, if any of you greedy fascist capitalist oppressors want to help with that "monetizing my traffic" thing, you can buy a T-shirt, buy a book or hit the tip jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment