Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Empty Tip-Jar Blues

By R.S. "Speedo" McCain

Well, it's Christmas time, baby,
And the traffic's sucking bad.
Even though it's slightly better,
With the 'Lanche that Smitty had.
But I need a trip to Pasadena,
And my car payment's overdue.
I'm just another blogger with those
Empty Tip-Jar Blues.

There's this guy name Lance Mannion,
Although I never read his blog.
But he got on Memeorandum,
'Cause his glasses got ate by his dog.
Three weeks before the BCS,
I'd love to be blogging the news,
But I'm just another blogger with those
Empty Tip-Jar Blues.

I'm the dude Charles Johnson blamed
For his departure from the Right.
A simple misunderstanding:
I just want Christmas to be white.
Yes, I love all God's children --
Especially you Jews.
Still I'm just another blogger with those
Empty Tip-Jar Blues.

This crazy thing all started
When Dan Collins made a dare:
"If you want to see the BCS,
"Your readers will send you there."
Well, I made that tip jar rattle,
On the day Tim Tebow cried.
"Give me $10 or give me $20,
So I can go to see the Tide."
Just need $2,000 total,
Although some extra could be used.
Now I'm just another blogger with those
Empty Tip Jar Blues.

Drove down to Kentucky
And up to New York 23.
Now if you folks would only hit me,
I'll go from sea to shining sea.
I'll fly to Pasadena,
Buy a ticket for the ride.
Neutral and objective? Hell, no,
I love that Crimson Tide!
Oh, it's Christmas time, baby,
And my kids ain't got no shoes,
'Cause I'm just another blogger with those
Empty Tip-Jar Blues.

5 comments:

  1. American Digest posted The Nose On Your Face tnoyf.com ad for Little Green Footballs 2010 Calendar.

    Keep the ponytail as a free gift. LOL

    maverick muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have a tip jar. I can't even afford one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you got out your ol' geetar, sang and recorded the song, then posted it for all of us to see, maybe, just maybe Speedo, we'd cough up some denariis.

    PS: You still got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the worst week in 30 years business wise. I tipped you. But if you want tips maybe you should bash Sarah Palin or worship Al Gore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh. No mention of Baldi and me. Geez. And I was going to link you, and everything...

    ReplyDelete