Monday, December 14, 2009

Time Editors: 'Can we be more stupid than Newsweek? Yes; yes, we can.'

by Smitty (h/t Say Anything Blog)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is among the seven finalists chosen for Time magazine's annual "Person of the Year," according to media reports on Monday.

"Look, she's the first woman Speaker of the House. She's the strongest Speaker of the House in decades," Time managing editor Richard Stengel said of Pelosi on NBC's "Today" show. "She had piloted what is probably the most important legislation in decades through the House. She's a really, really pivotal lawmaker."
That useless botox bag peaked in 2006, when she opened SNL (very arguably NSFW):

The country would be better served by impeachment of that woman, except that the House Ethics Committee oscillates between 'humorless joke' and 'infuriating oxymoron'.

3 comments:

  1. Very funny bit...I have put you on my blogroll. I have been watching your work for some time and I must say you do a great job! I look forward to reading your future posts. Have a great holiday season!

    http://governmentmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told my hubby just yesterday, that I'm crossing my fingers that they choose her for TPOTY. Nancy TPOTY (Tuh-POT-ee). Has a nice ring to it. There is something that feels like a "sure to backfire" moment when I visualize Nancy TPOTY staring at people from the grocery store checkout line from the cover of Time.

    ReplyDelete