Professor Jacobson has a great thought on this perfect crapstorm ending this bizzarro year. In particular, I liked his enumeration on the 'convenient' things that occurred to get us here (reformatted):
- Massachusetts changes its rules for a second time to allow appointment of a Democrat in Kennedy's place rather than having to wait for the special election;
- Al Franken outmaneuvers and out-litigates Norm Coleman to steal the Minnesota race;
- Rahm Emanuel recruits "blue dog" Democratic wolves in sheep's clothing and people fall for it;
- the media covers up the Obama agenda during the campaign, portraying Obama falsely as a moderate;
- George Allen says "Macaca," and so on.
It would nearly, as a thought experiment, be fun to let this Progressivism run its fell course, collapsing our whole friggin' world into an autocracy. You know why? Because these jackass lefties that think this road a great one would be singing the loudest about how bad it sucks. Imbeciles.