Just returned from Washington, D.C., a visit unexpectedly extended overnight. Attended last night's premiere of the Tea Party Movie -- David Weigel has an account of the event -- and left at 10:15 p.m.
Unfortunately, that was a quarter-after hour closing time for the parking garage I'd left my car in. Fortunately, however, my friend Matt Vadum picked me up, we went to Nick Adamas' farewell party in Arlington, and I crashed on Vadum's sofa last night before picking up my car this morning.
The overnight parking fee was $32, in case anyone's feeling the urge to hit the tip jar today.
Yeah, I know, it's kind of like subsidizing stupidity. But why should the federal government have a monopoly on that?
Apparently Canada has been boycotting America and it’s products for six
months now, no one here even noticed
-
LOL… Those Canucks think they accomplished something by boycott America and
it’s products for the last half year… Yet no
The post Apparently Canada has b...
3 hours ago
Young man, let this be a lesson to you. Didn't I give you a watch for your last birthday? What do you think it's for?
ReplyDelete"Closing time" for a parking garage? In the civilized world, if they "close," i.e. don't have an attendant present to take your money, they leave the damn gate open and either forgo payment or trust you to stuff it in a box.
ReplyDeleteYou should have the garage towed for blocking your vehicle's exit.