Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dad chases boyfriend

Old-fashioned fatherhood:
DELTONA, Fla. — An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter's boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter's room.
Authorities say the father, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.
When he heard noises coming from his daughter's bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.
The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.
The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.
The father was charged? What about the boyfriend? Trespassing, at least? But no worry: Assuming there is at least one parent of a teenage girl on the jury, this dad will never be convicted.

5 comments:

  1. If he's smart he'll put on a happy face, talk about how his family is just like any other family, with their ups and downs, try to wed them shotgun style and then bring them up on stage for the world to marvel at.
    Oh Todd Palin, you could learn a thing or two from this old-fashioned dad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's old-school. My father would have done the same, God bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dad should be given a medal! Its a good thing for the kid it was not my house because when I go to check out a strange noise I bring a gun, not a pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, medals go to those who score. Had it been my daughter, the boy wouldn't be able to sue me for damages. Well, I suppose maybe a bronze, if the lad is permanently disabled. I do not believe in giving medals for "trying". "Do, or do not, there is no "try".", as one of my teachers used to say... Well, sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I maintain that the daddy's trial will be Law School 101 on the topic "Jury Nullification."

    ReplyDelete