Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ted Kennedy has a seizure

According to CNN:
Sen. Edward Kennedy was rushed to a hospital in Massachusetts Saturday morning, his office confirmed. . . .
A well-informed Democratic source in Massachusetts said the 76-year-old senator had "symptoms of a stroke" at the Kennedy family compound in Hyannis Port.
If Kennedy were a Republican, and I were a liberal blogger, this is where I would say something tastelessly snarky, to the point of wishing he were dead.

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I'm not going to do that. My prayers for the senator's speedy recovery, and comfort to his family.

UPDATE: Some DKos blogger linked this post as an example of "bloggers making underhanded nasty comments." Bizarre. I most pointedly did not make any such comment, except to observe that no ill can befall any Republican without the DUmmies and Kossacks chortling in glee. Nevertheless, thanks for the link. Call me a douchebag, misrepresent my comments -- I don't care, as long as you link me. I'm all about the traffic, baby.

UPDATE II: Apparently he's going to be fine:
In Reno, Nevada, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters that Kennedy "will be fine."
Reid spoke to Kennedy's wife, Vickie, who told Reid that Kennedy had a seizure, but "woke up fighting."
Kennedy had surgery at Mass General in October to clear a blockage in his cartoid[sic] artery in his neck.
Should be "carotid artery," a blockage of which is a very serious thing, but apparently Kennedy will make a full recovery.

I'm sure everyone in the conservative movement looks forward to Ted returning to good health, so we can make fun of him as usual. See, our prayers were sincere. Without Teddy alive and in the Senate, who else would the GOP use in those attack ads? "So-and-so is more liberal than Ted Kennedy . . ."

Get well soon, Senator!

4 comments:

  1. Your comments are indeed tastelessly snarky. By saying it the way you did, you said it on the one hand and tried to point with the other hand as if you weren't saying it. Claiming libels would wish someone dead is just the way of saying your own wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Kennedy were a Republican, and I were a liberal blogger, this is where I would say something tastelessly snarky, to the point of wishing he were dead.

    And you just did. Classy. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would anyone wish this man dead--and why are people bringing up the man's death at all? I have anywhere from 10 to 70 seizures in a 24 hour period--and I am considered pretty healthy. I think the media has blown this out of proportion--yes it would be sad if they then find a brain tumor, but please people stop fearing the worse!

    ReplyDelete