Sunday, May 4, 2008

Jame Lee Curtis blogs?

For an old gal, she sure knows how to traffic-bait:
I woke up this morning concerned about the world food shortage and Korean defectors attempting self immolation in protest of Beijing and was astonished at the amount of attention a young woman named Miley Cyrus was getting for a topless, or shall I say backless, photograph in Vanity Fair.
Just to connect the dots, I too have weathered a recent bout of hysteria over a supposed topless, or shall I say strapless, photograph in a magazine. In my case it was an understanding that the photo in question be shoulders up regardless if I was wearing a suit of armor, chastity belt, wet suit, strapless bra or nothing. It is, was and will always be irrelevant and only became an issue when it was publicized as "topless". All the nipple loving/leering people wanted to know...was it true? . . .
She is a young girl. . . . In the offending photo she looks tousled and soft and vulnerable and yes...even sexy. She is fifteen after all, and the word sex is starting to come up. I seem to remember a fourteen/fifteen year old Brooke Shields commenting that nothing came between her and her Calvins.
I've highlighted the words and phrases that make this such an absolute masterpiece of traffic-baiting -- and there's lots more, including the word "voyeurism," in the full HuffPo article. That post is guaranteed to keep generating random Google hits from perverts well into the 22nd century.

No comments:

Post a Comment