This week's Full Metal Jacket Reach Around promises to be a doozy. One may have thought a vacationing POTUS would bring a respite from the shenanigans. But no, the forecast looks like weirdness to the last FMJRA-ing minute.
I have invested years of my life supporting your Constitutional right to mis-characterize and malign our country, Mr. Jones. You're welcome.
- Chance, at Rightofcourse: "Van Jones is not the problem. Van Jones is merely a symptom of the disease."
- The Daley Gator doesn't mean to make a fuss.
- Carolyn Tackett linked the HR3226 post with the truther announcement.
- Ruby Slippers embeds the 17 Month Old Van Jones clip where he says he wants a revolutions. Weh-ell yah know, we'll be having none of his.
After the left is done using you like a chamber pot, Levi, you can commiserate with Cindy Sheehan.
- Lance Burri is concerned about Stacy McCain's speedo dominance from all this. Not too concerned, mind you. Just concerned.
- Credit Beck and Malkin if Jones is driven off in a van, says All American Blogger.
- Jazz Shaw strives mightily to make Levi Johnston matter. Bronze medal for jazz, ass-hat stays on Levi. I'm not budging.
- Caffeinated Thoughts considers some of Stacy's words for Levi to be 'strong'. Not Stacy. It's so out of character.
- Dan Riehl, as can be expected, jumps to Levi's defense. Oh, wait, Dan jumped behind the firing line. Pardon me.
- Adrienne's Catholic Corner quotes Gibbs: Furor over Obama's speech 'silly season'. And they're bringing out the race card again, too. It's a testament to Hoyle that the card has stood up to such repeated usage.
- Obi's Sister rounded up coverage.
- A Conservative Shemale takes the speech at face value, and doesn't quite understand the fuss.
- Adrienne's Catholic Corner:
I don't know which is worse, having Obama in Washington wreaking financial havoc on our country and imposing his Marxist agenda, or having him on one of his multitude of vacations dreaming up new mayhem.She also likes us here. here and here.
We have become a nation of abused children. When things are quiet, we wait in dread of the next announcement from Washington, just as children of alcoholics wait for mom or dad to start drinking and whipping their butts for no reason other than to soothe their drunken rage.
- Rightofcourse links us, complete with handy Orwellian graphic.
- Obi's Sister has a less pleasant choice of graphic in her roundup.
- The Daley Gator knows who I'm talking about.
- Bob Belvedere offers a playful take.
- The Classic Liberal has a large, expansive roundup mapping some of the strategies. Some.
- The Rhetorican picked up the Python clip. Rhetorican also gives us a mention on the Domestic Right-Wing Terrorists topic. But we really used nothing heavier than a loud guffaw, honest.
- Teach at Stop The ACLU had the Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists action. After all, that whole thing worked so well for Janet Napolitano, no?
- A Conservative Shemale makes an interesting point about the tension level in politics:
It’s the same mistake that Republicans made in 1996 with the budget showdown only in reverse. In 1996 it kept Clinton’s popularity up and helped keep him in office, now it is driving Obama’s popularity down and may help drive democrats from office.
- Paco thinks Organizing for America is more easily understood as Antagonizing Americans. With bonus Shakespearean insult generator.
Look: shun the birthers and every other peripheral, no-value added argument out there. Tell me my broken record Federalist arguments are stupid if you think so. I think it's the Alinsky Rule #4 suppository the left secretly craves, at a medium pace. The point isn't that we disagree. The point is that, faced with disagreement, we listen to each other! Humbly! And, as adults do, learn how to avoid serving the enemy by dissent when we absolutely, positively cannot reconcile a point.
- Bob Belvedere offers an overview.
- Dan Riehl calls for common sense.
- Lead and Gold and the Urge to Purge.
- Daily Pundit:
And Stacy has the right of it here. The blunt truth is that unless the intellectuals are able to mobilize the grassroots, all their plans and hopes are for naught.
- Political Byline's take:
Robert Stacey McCain basically agrees with me about WND and the Birthers. Now McCain and Palin are another story. He loves that feckless Woman. I, on the other hand, think that she is an idiot.It is, sadly, true. I did detect a flaw in Sarah's derivation of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. No, that didn't happen.
- Kathy Shaidle directed snark at a certain Mr. Frum.
- Lead and Gold calls the bluff of Mr. Brooks on Edmund Burke:
Detailed explanations might be uncomfortable. It is pretty hard to reconcile Burke's principles with Obama’s actions. At the core of Burkean conservatism is a rejection of , even revulsion for, the grand plans of ambitious intellectuals who wield power.
- In 2010 race news, Right View from the Left Coast endorses Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, and hoists a 74% figure for the number of Republicans that, (my phrasing) think the NRSC couldn't lead two nuns in one minute of silent prayer.
- Western Experience linked the C-130 call for Mr. Will.
- Joshuapundit listed us amongst other interesting headlines.
- Dustbury honed in on the Marlboro Reds angle of the Brooks flogging.
- Dyspepsia Generation thinks Stacy is having a lot of fun.
- Axis of Right comes out as a Brooks fan. Except for the part of his thought they hated. Which was pretty much all of it.
- Bonzai doesn't understand the moderates, but makes a gallant effort.
- Another Black Conservative juxtaposed Carrie Prejean with David Brooks. Brooks wins the estrogen war.
- Liberalsmash rounds us up in appreciation for Brooks flogging.
- Lead and Gold linked us in "The Astonishing Mr. Brooks."
- Dan Riehl engaged in a casual flogging of Conor Friedersdorf. You know how a bored cat will play with a mouse. Kinda like that.
- Jimmie Bise took up the fashion angle.
- Paco: David Brooks is a Conservative in the Same Way that I am a Marxist. Let me guess: you both speak Engels? Ba-dump bump *crash*. Paco will flog me for that, no doubt.
- Dustbury picks up the Marlboros.
- Fishersville Mike thinks Frum needs some education.
- Bob Belvedere: Brain Bleach Stat!, hammering Brooks. Also, a combination linkage of Batchelor and Friedersdorf.
- Carolyn Tackett didn't hesitate to embed it the Batchelor portrait.
- The Daley Gator talks about education beyond one's hat size.
- Jimmie Bise did. But this is not him in the clip. But this is him with a bunch of pictures and an excellent write-up.
- Roth & Co. clue us in on a key point: "Ever wonder why the House leadership is reluctant to depose the embarrassing Charlie Rangel as Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee? Because Fortney "Pete" Stark is next in line for the job."
- Brigette at Moralia has done the research and confirms that Stark has an MBA. We're still awaiting a report on what sort of car he drives, and the psychological implications thereof. Speculate in the comments.
- The Lonely Conservative says that the Stark clip is a few years old. Hmm. I thought it recent.
- The Rude News says Stark is 77. Retire, Representative Stark. What do you have to fear? Your personality?
- Chris Barna serves up some lefty moral equivalence for Beck. I guess perhaps if you're a lefty, you can see how murder would be a laughing matter. But he didn't pick up my irony of nominating Beck for a Senate seat, based upon the joke. Where is the love, Mr. Barna?
- Rhetorican seems to think the whole thing actionable.
- Stacy tries to link the Conservative Shemale blog, makes a type, and gets hammered by Little Miss Attila. I'd embed "Jack and Diane" for its chorus, if Mellencamp wasn't so irritating.
- There was an exchange of links with the Sundries Shack. Grrr, what a creepy situation, Honduras.
- Moralia Blog had its finger on the pulse of some really bad jokes.
- Obi's Sister links the Norberg book post, and asks if the election has been worth it. I've got the book, but haven't read it yet.
- Jimmi links us, too. he says:
the TARP program quickly mutated from a way of buying and holding trash financial assets until they were not quite so trashy into a cash giveaway to banks, car companies, and anyone else Democrats felt needed a few bucks
Forget the White House nonsense. Support Project 2,996
- Pat in Shreveport has the definitive smack-down.
- Word Around the Net is just as dubious as this blog about sexually active grade-schoolers.
- Rightofcourse included the cultural apocalypse watch in a roundup.
- Papa Todd went with the REM title.
- Clayton Cramer has the manufacturers response to the Gizmodo doll.
- Pundit and Pundette picked up the doll, metaphorically threw it.
- Jimmie tries to spell decency, swears off the project.
- Stripper Mom doesn't see the problem. Stripper Mom doesn't see the problem. Stri...
- Carolyn Tackett was rendered ill at the thought. That's why we need healthcare insurance wealth redistribution in such a big way.
- The rare and coveted Michelle Malkin link. May fortune favor this fighter of the good fight.
- Cranky Con calls it our hurried flight into Gomorrah
- Teach at Stop the ACLU calls it absolutely sickening.
- Fishersville Mike is glad he has boys. You don't even know what hopey-change toys await them, Mike.
- Belevedere asks: another sign?
- snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition went over some TK facts new to him.
- Caffeinated Thoughts on Mary Jo: A Victim, Not a Martyr or Punch Line. Sorry, people are only victims if the left says they are victims.
- Linked by Pundit and Pundette who were mainly commenting on Breitbart's teary-eyed remorse over the loss of Camel Snot. Without the tears. Or the remorse.
- Western Experience summarized nicely.
- Troggy rounded up a few more TK links, including our one-liner outing. Hint: if you want respect in death, it helps to earn it in life.
- All American Blogger noted the love of Chappaquiddick humor.
- Lead and Gold suggests Matt Cooper may want to beg off reading some of the Ted Kennedy work this blog has fearlessly published.
- Instapundit picked up the Matt Cooper slam.
- VodkaPundit liked the Chappaquiddick one-liners.
- Tigerhawk went with the father-in-law angle.
- A Conservative Shemale likes the idea, but thinks there may be some issues. In response, I wouldn't accuse the original forumalation as being final. Senators, if flagged for no-run, could have that lifted by membership in a subsequent passing Congress. I'd rather see the 17th Amendment scuttled, anyway, and return Senators to representing the 50 States, who've become rather a permanent political class this last century--decidedly not the Framer's intent.
- Rolling Doughnut (a blog irresistable to a Surface Warfare Officer) offers a critical review of the circumcision post.
How is it that you can criticize a female politician without howls of sexism, yet you can't criticize a minority member of the Executive Branch for being a Commie without charges of raaaaacism?
- Carolyn Tackett picks up the hammering of Rep. Diane Watson.
- Adrienne's Catholic Corner admires the post, too.
- Rhetorican linked us, briefly.
- The Camp of the Saints summarizes.
- "Health care reform bites", says Fishersville Mike, pointing the finger at us.
- Valley of the Shadow links us while comparing two goth clubs in LA. "Bar Sinister in Hollywood and Malediction in Korea Town. How do these clubs define the style of political campaigns? Look deeper." You don't see the obvious connection? Peasant. ;)
- We're starting to grow on the Bride of Rove, probably the most visually stunning blog I've seen in some time.
- Public Secrets linked the finish the sentence game.
- Instapundit picks up the economic gloom.
- Steynian links us, but if I try to discover where, I'll never finish this. That guy's a nut.
- Lonely Conservative linked us on the Afghan Embassy kerfluffle:
...if all of this frat boy behavior was occurring while on duty, why did the State Department renew their contract? Could it be that this sort of thing happens in Washington, DC and Massachussetts all the time and is considered normal, as RS McCain subtely points out?
- Anti-Republican culture mentions us in a survey piece about, well, anti-Republican culture. Highly interesting and worthy of attention.
- The Classic Liberal lifted granny from the garage sale post.
- A Conservative Shemale has a roundup and links us on economic news. Two concepts: national debt, and deficit. Unless Pete Stark is as smart as his behavior is overbearing, we're in a Grand Canyon of debt. ACS also linked us on Rule 5 Sunday last week, amidst a New York Times meditation.
- Ruby Slippers did their FMRJA.
- The Daley Gator liked the pig wresling post amidst a sizeable roundup.
- Little Miss Attila gives VodkaPudit an 'attilla-boy', slamming me en passant. Yet I'm still slavishly devoted to her blog. *sigh*
- VodkaPundit says Stacy has the last word on primary education.
- Troglopundit has the temerity to notice OediPOTUS Wrecks. *weeps* Thank you.
- And there is a dash of Rule 5 as well as a roundup from The Camp of the Saints
- Here is a really interesting post on unions in general, and Oregaon's in particular, from Word Around the Net. Take it from an old squid: a union is a mutiny awaiting its moment. These days, they're scaling it up to a mutiny against the Constitution.