Thursday, September 10, 2009

Best. Book. Party. Evah!

Hey, where were you Wednesday night? Because if you're one of the cool kids, you were hanging with Michelle Malkin at Morton's Steakhouse in downtown D.C.

It was announced last night that Culture of Corruption will appear for the sixth consecutive week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestsellers list -- the first time in the 62-year history of Regnery Publishing that one of their titles has spent so many weeks at No. 1. The secret? Page 291.

Matthew Vadum of the Capital Research Center and Jimmie Bise of the Sundries Shack were hanging out with the author of The Best. Book. Evah!

Michelle talks with Ron Kessler of NewsMax.com.

Michelle speaks! It took me about five tries to get the photo I wanted, showing the wedding ring on her left hand. She ended her speech by thanking her husband, Jesse, and the rest of her family -- her nieces, nephews and in-laws were in attendance -- for helping to keep her "grounded." Of all that she does (blogs, columns, books, TV, radio, speeches) the most amazing thing to remember is that she does all these things while also being a wife and mom.

Jason Mattera of YAF and Jimmie Bise show their solidarity by exchanging the official Obama Terrorist Fist-Bump.

Elizabeth Meinecke of Human Events, Bay Buchanan, and Mary Katharine Ham of the Weekly Standard were hanging out with The Man On Page 291.

Jesse Malkin: "You da man!" Me: "No, no! You da man!" After debating this topic for half an hour, Jesse and I decided we need to co-author a book, How To Be Da Man: Secrets of Becoming the Kind of Cool Dude That Chicks Dig.

Regnery Publishing's president Marji Ross likes the book idea.

Erick Erickson agrees with Jesse that I am da man.

Jimmie Bise -- who fills in as da man when I'm off-duty -- poses with Mary Matalin, a/k/a Mrs. James Carville. Me to Mary: "Hey, he's better looking than your husband." Mary to me: "Well, that's not saying much."

Da man with Mark Hemingway's wife, shortly after she revealed details of the secret plan by National Review staffers to oust Rich Lowry.

8 comments:

  1. I'm jealous and I'm sitting in my corner sucking my thumb,weeping, and twirling my hair!

    I am so bereft that even my darling husband said last night. "I suppose it's too late for you to go to DC"

    Just think of all the commas I could collect and bring home. The thought makes my knees weak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augh! I would so love to see Michelle Malkin live and in person. She is beyond awesome.

    I want to go to there. (yes, I am quoting Fey, sometimes she's funny, it just her politics that suck)

    anginak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear RSM:

    I recently hit the tip jar and am now aghast to see you wearing an expensive necktie at the
    MM reception. Dress down or suffer the consequences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah well, I guess we know who the "In Crowd" is. DC... the center of the universe. And RSM? At its core. Looking forward to reading the book -- a tell all expose?

    Your Florida Fan,

    Andrea Shea King
    The Radio Patriot

    ReplyDelete
  5. aghast to see you wearing an expensive necktie

    It only looks expensive. I buy my expensive-looking clothes cheap, from the clearance rack. Which is why I'm patiently waiting for lime-green polyester leisure suits to become fashionable again. Chicks dig those wide lapels and tight slacks with bell-bottom cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which is why I'm patiently waiting for lime-green polyester leisure suits to become fashionable again. Chicks dig those wide lapels and tight slacks with bell-bottom cuffs.

    Man, you've given me flashbacks. Aggh! BRAIN BLEACH! BRAIN BLEACH!

    ReplyDelete