This is going to be The Mother Of All Tea Parties, the day that the Washington politicians in both parties finally behold the united power of the grassroots taxpayer uprising against runaway government. The Tea Party Patriots are planning events nationwide Saturday, but if you can make it Washington, you don't want to miss this one -- it's going to be like Woodstock for right-wingers!
Imagine the sheer panic of those corrupt liberals and sold-out RINOs when they see a vast army of thousands of patriotic American citizens-- scores of brilliant yellow Gadsden Flags with their "Don't Tread On Me!" mottos flying proudly in the breeze -- marching on the Capitol!
Ah, friends, but this is going to be much more than just a one-day protest march. The sponsors have scheduled three days of organized activism (see the agenda below) and, more than that, there will be parties every evening so that the friends of freedom can get together to meet, greet and relax.
As a matter of fact, co-blogger Smitty be will hosting one such soiree this week -- SmittyPalooza II is scheduled for Thursday evening. The inaugural SmittyPalooza was an intimate affair, with about a dozen bloggers gathering for refreshments and flesh-time fellowship. This Thursday's event promises to be somewhat larger -- I got a wild hair about 2 a.m. Saturday and invited 94 of my Facebook friends. If you're a blogger or regular reader of The Other McCain who will be in D.C. this week and you're interested in attending SmittyPalooza II, please e-mail Smitty for details.
But wait! There's more! Friday evening, the Young Conservative Coalition and Parcbench will host a "Red, White & Brew" Happy Hour at Capitol City Brewery -- near Union Station, about four blocks from the Capitol. Are you a "Young Conservative"? Hey, age is just a number -- you're invited!
There will be other parties during the week. Lots of celebrities will be in town for this event -- including radio talk-show hosts like my friends Martha Zoller of Atlanta and Doc Thompson of Richmond -- and among my skills as an investigative journalist is an uncanny ability to discover the location of private parties that need to be crashed. So if you're hanging with our posse in D.C. this week, it's guaranteed to be a blast.
So what are you waiting for? Sign-up for the 9/12 March on DC now! Here is the agenda for the week:
- 9:00am to 12:00pm Liberty Summit at DC Armory
- 1:00pm: Press Conference on Capitol Hill
- 1:30pm to 5:30pm: Grassroots lobbying visits on Capitol Hill
- 5:30pm Doctors Rally Against Socialized Medicine
- 9:00am Leadership Institute: Internet Activist Workshop
- 10:00am – 5:00pm ParentalRights.org Lobbyist and Activism Training Seminars
- 12:00pm to 4:00pm CEI/ARC Intellectual Ammunition Workshop
- 1:00pm Leadership Institute: Grassroots On the Ground Workshop
- 2:00pm to 5:30pm Grassroots lobbying visits on Capitol Hill
- 4:00pm Bureaucrash Happy Hour at Bullfeathers
- 5:00 pm Leadership Institute: Grassroots on the Hill Workshop
- 6:30pm to 10:00pm Remember 911 and support the troops at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
- 8:00am – 11:00pm Sign-Making at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill (400 New Jersey Avenue, NW) Congressional Room B
- 9:00am Crowd gathers at Freedom Plaza
- 11:30am March on the Capitol Begins down Pennsylvania Ave.
- 1:00pm March ends and Rally Begins at West Front of the U.S. Capitol
UPDATE: Welcome, Instapundit readers! Please feel to check out the rest of the site, including my working-over of Keith Olbermann and my various updates on economic news.