Thursday, November 12, 2009

Orlando Diary: 'Mom's going to kill us'

That's my son Jim's verdict about the enviable poshness of our existence here at the Hilton International Resort in Orlando.

I've got an excuse. I'm here to cover the final stop of the Tea Party Express. How was I to know that Barbara Espinosa of American Freedom blog had booked us into such luxurious accommodations? My teenage son (yeah, that's him in the poolside photo) is spending the trip sprawled on the king-size bed watching the big-screen TV, or lounging around the pool and chilling in the hot tub. Me? I'm sitting here blogging, just like I'd be doing in my own basement.

Enjoy these three short videos of Jim's scuba lesson. And please tell Mrs. Other McCain we miss her!

UPDATE: Barbara corrects me: It was her friend Susan Wellington of Michigan who selected the Hilton as our Orlando headquarters. So now we know who to blame for destroying my blue-collar, low-budget blogger street-cred.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe before you leave we can get some sunshine on tap for y'all. See you around Lake Eola soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish! Thanks for sharing McCain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least in the slum where I grew up, low-budget blue-collar street cred always included "If they're giving 'em away, I'll take two."

    ReplyDelete