Saturday, November 14, 2009

First day, new eyes

by Smitty

Taking a break from work on the FMJRA post, to which you should submit links, I scanned the Google Reader.

The Puffington Host has one of those sordid tales of woe all too common in these trying economic times: strippers, unable to make the rent, forced into plying their trade on the very streets of Lost Wages. Suitably encased in a plastic box, of course:
"The girls are wearing more than the girls at the swimming pool wear," Beard said this week. "Even though they're not stripping and taking their clothes off I think people are offended because of the idea that they do."

The truck rolled for 13 nights along the Las Vegas Strip from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m., trying to lure customers to the club. Three sides had windows that weren't tinted, offering views of the strippers dancing around a stripper pole.

The tactic worked, with business booming since the truck started going out, Beard said.
The block after the video clip was confusing, however:

One sort of hopes the guy in the picture is the DOE spokesman entreating these sweet young thangs to depart the street and repair to the classroom, to improve the quality of teenage daydreamseducation.

3 comments:

  1. Heh Heh Heh. Serendipity.
    I've hated those ads ever since I had to explain to my crying daughter that Obama is not forcing Mommy to go back to school. - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Obama, I will give up my strippers when you pry them from my cold dead hands!

    Or I run out of singles and they move along to the next guy on the runway, whichever comes first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the add is telling women they should return to school or they could end up doing lap dances for guys like the dude pictured there. This is a another liberal lie, I don't look like that at all.

    ReplyDelete