Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holiday Book Sale 2010 Begins!

Last year's Holiday Book Sale was a smashing success, so we're back again for more. Why fight the crowds at the mall, when you can buy books from your favorite blog? Ordering online through Amazon is easy and, through the Amazon Associates program, I get a small commission on each book you buy here. Let's start with three recent bestsellers where I've got a personal connection:
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies by Michelle Malkin -- Not only is this the first major book to expose the corrupt background of the Obama administration, including the role of ACORN and SEIU, but it's also the Best. Book. Evah! (That's because my name is mentioned in the acknowledgements on page 291.) Think of it this way: Christmas is about love. You love Michelle, you love me, you love whoever you're buying the book for, and I'm going to love my Amazon commission. What a perfect gift, huh?
  • Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America by Ann Coulter -- OK, so Ann didn't give me a shout-out in the acknowledgements. She did, however, cite me in the footnotes (page 265) for my reporting on a 2007 hate-hoax at George Washington University. Also, I got to hang out with Ann during her visit to D.C. in August. I only hang out with cool people, so all Coulter books bear The Other McCain Seal Of Coolness, even those that don't mention me in the footnotes.
  • Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin -- I covered Palin during the 2008 campaign and, when someone jokingly suggested me to help the Sweetheart of the Heartland write her memoir, I countered with a much better suggestion: Lynn Vincent, with whom I co-authored Donkey Cons. The result? A smash bestseller! Too bad a certain GOP presidential candidate ignored my advice about that Wall Street bailout, but the whole concept of "President McCain" was frightening to the American people, and who can blame them? (Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Bob Barr!) But give Crazy Cousin John this: He made exactly one good decision during that campaign and that was Sarah Palin. Buy her book.
You notice something here? All three of these books are written by smart, powerful, beautiful women -- just like my wife. And my smart, powerful, beautiful wife expects me to make money from this blogging thing, so you should definitely order some books.

Your conservative friends and family members will enjoy these thoughtful gifts. And what about your liberal friends and relatives? Just imagine the look on their faces when they open the package and see what you've given them.

Now, imagine giving your annoying liberal sister-in-law all three of these books: Malkin, Coulter and Palin.

Some things are priceless, and that's a holiday memory you can cherish forever.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving RSM and Smitty and company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I order Sarah Palin's book from the Marketplace, do you still get your commission? Cuz I never pay full price if there's any way to avoid it.

    Happy Thanksgiving (I've extended mine into today) to everyone at The Other McCain and the families and friends who love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boyyyy, howdy. Are you going to have a great Christmas! Great line-up and comments.

    ReplyDelete