Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally, I decided to write about
something other than my penis . . .

While I hate to disappoint my loyal readers, who enjoy nothing so much as a TMI discussion of the Speedo Monster, the Alabama Hammer, otherwise known affectionately as "Ralph," there comes a point at which this subject begins to bore even me.

However, if my fellow bloggers and journalists don't stop yakking about their packages -- this means you, too, David Harsanyi! -- it will be time to pass the torch to a new generation, as they say, and I'll allow my teenage son to start guest-blogging on the topic, "Some Traits Are Hereditary (Including Arrogance)." Don't say you haven't been warned.

Meanwhile, we move on, to discuss a subject of endless fascination, why July 19, 1969 was the defining moment in the career of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Chappaquiddick).

Read the whole thing, because you wouldn't want to read more about something else, would you?

UPDATE: It's as if Little Miss Atilla were daring me to whip it out. And, quite frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if Cynthia Yockey hates the penis as much as a lesbian should. A reminder, ladies, I do have a digital camera. IYKWIMAITYD.

UPDATE II: Continuing to distract from the tragic finale of tragic finale of OediPOTUS Wrecks -- Smitty's magnum opus of Hope-us -- now some damned Wisconsonian jumps into the foreskin forensics, as does Fisherville Mike. And trust me, there is nothing on earth about which I want to think less than Ed Morrissey's equipment. Still, you've got to love Ed's oblique shot at Sully:
Let me try to explain this in small words for people who like to give “awards” for hysteria but still demand to see Sarah Palin’s gynecological records. . . .
Brilliant, Ed. Not as brilliant as OediPOTUS Wrecks, but nonetheless brilliant.

4 comments:

  1. Of course you would OediPOTUS Wrecks is just 'round the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smitty, you notice that I made sure to get this online BEFORE publication of the long-awaited (and tragic) ending of the OediPOTUS saga. That's because I believe our efforts are more effective when carefully coordinated.

    So, pray tell, what's up with you egging on Cassandra, foreskin-wise? Here I am, diligently laboring to kill the circumcision-debate meme, and meanwhile you're over in somebody else's comments, drawing it out.

    And please, sir, whatever you do, do not commence a discussion of The Mighty Smithsnake, OK? I just don't think our readers could cope with that, and then we'll have PETA and the SPCA boycotting us on the grounds that we're promoting the barbaric practice of cockfighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord.(eyes roll)Put it away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When in doubt, I whip it out; I've got me a rock 'n' roll band. It's a free-for-all!"

    --Ted Nugent, "Free for All"

    ReplyDelete