Thursday, February 12, 2009

What the Israeli elections mean

(BUMPED) I don't know, but Noah Millman is doing the parliamentary math. Based on his math, I figure a 65-seat Likud-led coalition makes the most sense. But what do I know?

UPDATE: Allison Kaplan Sommer: "Elections, shmelections!" (Click the link, guys. Trust me.) More seriously, Allison says:
[S]imple arithmetic shows that the right-wing bloc is significantly larger than the left-wing bloc . . .
A Likud-led coalition, it seems to me, would be more stable than a Kadima-led coalition and thus would be in a better negotiating position with the Palestinians, etc. But again, what do I know?

2 comments:

  1. I still don't get parliamentary elections, but they sure are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trusted you. I clicked on the link. I was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete