One of the 14 girls who will compete on the new season of America's Next Top Model -- which returns to The CW on September 3 -- is transgender.This kind of PC gesture is only a gesture. "Isis" will not become a "top model," and the entire purpose of her inclusion is to give TV time to an "underrepresented community."
"My cards were dealt differently," Isis, a 22-year-old former receptionist, tells Us Weekly. . . .
Will she be a role model?
"I like to help people, but I'm here to follow my dreams," she tells Us.
The inclusion of Isis is being hailed by GLAAD president Neil Giuliano as "an unprecedented opportunity for a community that is underrepresented on television.
"We applaud Tyra Banks and The CW for making this historic visibility of transgender people possible," Giuliano said.
People of Brazil swarming the streets as Flavio Bolsonaro currently leads
communist who threw his father in jail
-
The only thing I worry about here is the cheating in Brazil…. They cheated
last time to give the election
The post People of Brazil swarming the streets ...
1 hour ago
No comments:
Post a Comment