Saturday, September 20, 2008

'Crossing the line'? At AOSHQ?

It would seem impossible to say anything offensive enough to get banned at Ace of Spades HQ, but apparently some moron has f---ing done it. Or almost f---ing done it. I don't know what the f--- this f---ing moron did, but it must have been pretty f---ing bad.

UPDATE: Ah. Somebody "went there" trying to be funny in a "1953" kind of way. Ace must have had to delete comments, and I'm sure it puts him in a bad mood having to play kindergarten teacher. I didn't see the offensive remarks, but sort of gestalting from what Ace didn't delete, I think I know what old joke was being referenced.

Anyway, that's why I do the moderated-comments thing here. It's easier to weed stuff out in advance than to risk something atrocious getting published and then requiring deletion. Plus, the fact that people know their comments are moderate tends to discourage truly nasty stuff. Moderation sort of takes away the kind of spontaneity that AOSHQ has, but I just don't want to become a target for spammers, disrupters, etc.

BTW, I'd say less than 1% of comments here are rejected. Liberal commenters like Young 4-Eyes are no problem. That's not the problem.

1 comment:

  1. It was pretty clear to me what you had to do to get banned.

    ReplyDelete