Friday, January 9, 2009

Still waiting on 'Guilty'

Somebody at Ann Coulter's publicist told me that I'm actually referenced in her new book, Guilty, and they're supposed to be sending me a copy. In the meantime, Lisa De Pasquale has a review at Human Events:
In the chapter, "Victim of a Crime? Thank a Single Mother," Coulter writes, "The most worshipped figure in modern America is the 'single mother.' Politicians tout their programs by explaining how they will help single mothers." . . .
The Left has elevated single motherhood as a coveted, noble distinction despite the problems it causes for the true victims -- their children. Coulter writes, "Here is the lottery ticket that single mothers are handing their innocent children by choosing to raise them without fathers: Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent."
So, while I await delivery of my own copy, you should order now and look me up in the index.

UPDATE: In the comments, Smitty gloats that he's already gotten his copy, but doesn't bother to tell me how I'm referenced in Coulter's book. "Studly journalistic legend, Robert Stacy McCain . . ."?

UPDATE II: At risk of impairing my own Amazon Associate sales, I'll point out that you can get a FREE copy of Ann's new book by subscribing today to Human Events. (Jed Babbin, you owe me beers.)

2 comments:

  1. Neener, neener, neener: got mine last night.
    First chapter title: "Speak loudly, and carry a small victim".
    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comma after "studly journalistic legend."

    --Babelicious Editorial Legend

    ReplyDelete