This week's FMJRA, which will still be dominated by the NY-23 support proferred by so many blogs, is instead overshadowed by the Fort Hood killing spree. The title is a reference to Fischersville Mike's excellent historical metaphor for the Doug Hoffman affair.
- South Texian quotes Stacy for pointing out the overarching bad guys.
- Rhetorican also cheers Stacy's honesty.
- Predictable Rick Moran refers to bald honesty as 'banality'. Let me see if I can be succinct, Rick: know your audience. Specifically, the jihadists. While we can bandy our abstractions about, theorize endlessly, and wax Shakespearean in our diction, the audience doesn't care fig #1 for such. They see your navel gazing as a giant "Kick me" (or worse, in Fort Hood). In mathematical terms, you're discussing calculus with a culture that, in aggregate, hasn't made it to algebra. This is a generalization, and there are tons of exceptions, but there you have it. Your audience thinks you represent twerpery. In a schoolyard metaphor, you're going to have to take some karate lessons and communicate to your bullies that you've got enough sack to put them on their backs. Your milk money will not be safe until you get you some sack, son.
- Bob Belvedere rates Stacy as spot-on in his remarks. The Camp of the Saints also picked up a comment thread worth noting.
- The Daley Gator declares the Political Correctness overview a must-read.
- Obi's Sister: "Pray for the victims, their families, everyone effected. And our clueless President."
Obscene I: Departure
- Michelle Malkin: "Finally: The spoiler exits the race." Too bad she managed to throw the race to her party.
- Three Beers Later has a PETA/Greenpeace unapproved picture pertaining to Dede. 3BL seems to have a database of these.
- Dan Rhiel hat tipped us.
- Daily Pundit, whom we do not link enough, linked us here, again, some more,and also this, unless I missed some. Thanks, Bill!
- Fischersville Mike continued the support, and also the parade of parody tunes. He noted the Dede departure.
- Honesty in Motion hat tipped us.
- American Power offered support and Elvis linkage, and noted Dede's ejection.
- Hot Air also acknowledged Stacy's efforts, as well as the conference call.
- DaTech Guy offered a Charles Johnson angle. I vaguely remember forgetting who that is.
- Patriot Room gives us a nod.
- Paco Enterprises linked us when Dede quit.
- And So it Goes in Shereveport tracked the meltdown.
- Blogprof went with the Silence of the Lambs reference.
- Rhetorican noted the shakeup.
- Political Byline covered the moment thoroughly.
- NiceDeb gave us linky-love.
- Saber Point gave us a hat tip. And, for Stacy, a gasoline tip.
- Another Black Conservative noted that the RINO is toast. That's some nasty bread, boss.
- Smash Mouth Politics casts the GOP leadership in zoot suits as they react to Dede's exit. Do mafia bosses use "temerity" in conversation?
- Accuracy in Media picked up Stacy.
- American Glob hat tips us.
- WyBlog had us linked.
- Reganite Republican Resistance caught us in the update, and noted Hoffman's increase, as well as the big names ">at the finale.
- Left Coast Rebel has Dede's transcript.
- Smash Mouth Politics noted Dede "...is who we thought she was".
- Fischersville Mike hat tipped us on the Dynamo Joe campaign stop.
- HotMES had thoughts prior to the finale.
- American Power went to bed sans optimism, but did wake up and track us again.
- Reganite Republican Resistance noted the overall repudiation of BHO.
- Adrienne's Catholic Corner faced Canolli denial.
- So it Goes in Shreveport noted Stacy's (fulfilled) wish that the election be decisive, and asks What Does it All Mean?
- Political Byline noted the stress Stacy was under.
- Rhetorican liked "We have defeated the DailyKos candidate." Thankfully, there was no evidence of voter fraud.
- NiceDeb covered all the races.
- Mark in Spokane caught us in an update.
- The Classic Liberal offered an overview of Hoffman analysis.
- DaTech Guy did, as well.
- Fischersville Mike hat tipped the "Worth the Fight" post.
- The New Pamphleteers noted the quip about a book offer.
- Left Coast Rebel rounds up the NY23 posts, with a touching BHO picture, too.
- SouthTexian earns a quotation for good naval usage:
Shortly after last year's debacle, I recalled James Lawrence's words of inspiration to the men under his command as he lay dying after a fatal encounter with a British warship in the Atlantic Ocean during the War of 1812: "Don't give up the ship!" Three months later, on September 10, 1813 at the Battle of Lake Erie, Lawrence's friend Oliver Perry led his naval squadron to an improbable victory over the British, flying a banner with that very phrase from his flagship. The American victory at Lake Erie thwarted a planned British invasion of the Ohio River Valley.
Perry then related the news of his triumph to General William Henry Harrison with this terse message: "We have met the enemy, and they are ours." Yeah. Heck yeah!
- Rightofcourse asks the 'Now what?' question.
- Saber Point offers three cheers for Stacy's efforts.
- WyBlog picked us up:
saw an interview with Florida Governor Charlie Crist, who is the NRSC choice (over conservative Marco Rubio) to replace Mel Martinez in the Senate next year. Gov. Crist *laughed* when asked about the conservative grassroots uprising in NY-23. I don't think RINO Charlie fully understands the implications of what just happened in upstate New York. By the time he figures it out, it'll be too late.
Update to the Hoffman File:
Valley of the Shadow came through, too:
- A Frank Rich fisking.
- A BHO 2009 post-mortem
- An BHO 2012 pre-mortem, "Palin will beat Obama 58% - 38% (4% for third party)."--whoa!
The Daily Gator is also worthy of commendation:
Joe Gandleman and Rick Moran:
- Riehl World View offered some perspective on a favorite from The Moderate Voice.
- Daily Pundit noted my ongoing respect-affair with Rick Moran, if not his ideas.
- Carol's Closet thought the Moran treatment a "masterful job".
- Power and Control got into a lengthy discussion in the comments on the Moran post, and ponders An Abortion Litmus Test.
- The Classic Liberal look at at the Moran post and across the dextrosphere.
- Another Black Conservative
- Honesty in Motion
- Reaganite Republican Resistance, and again.
- The Classic Liberal
- The BlogProf: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Fischersville Mike
- KURU Lounge
- The Daley Gator
- Honesty in Motion hat tipped the Peggy Noonan piece.
- American Power rounded up the Jason Shih reporting.
- Little Miss Attila suspects I've a Neil Young blind spot. Neil is one of those artists whose catalog bespeaks his talent (e.g. Sinatra) yet whose work doesn't grab me. Is it the singing style? Yet I'm a huge Geddy Lee fan. Go figure.
- Dustbury linked the bit about Environmentalism as a religion.
- Obi's Sister bequeaths a Quote of the Day, and a hat tip for a cartoon.
- Bob Belvedere liked the Monique-on-Meghan post:
Its no fight, Stacy, its a slaughter. Meghan ain't got a chance against a nuclear Monique. Although, I do admit it was enjoyable to watch her Hiroshima Mzz. McCain.
'Scuse me while I go buy the wife some flowers...