Saturday, October 10, 2009

Axelrod; Axl Rose: maybe I need more sleep

by Smitty

Marginal Revolution quotes Axlerod raising the specter of the Nobel Peace Prize having an opposite effect to that intended.
this isn't something I gave a moment of thought to until today. Hopefully people will receive it with some sense of pride. But I don't know; it's uncharted waters.

I saw Axelrod and read Axl Rose, which led to a free association of this cut:



Let's see how the Administration and the current economic situation stacks up against the lyrics:

"Right Next Door To Hell"

I'll take a nicotine, caffine, sugar fix
Jesus don't ya git tired of turnin' tricks
But when your innocence dies
You'll find the blues
Seems all our heroes were born to lose

The character could be BHO or Lemmy at this point...

Just walkin' through time
You believe this heat
Another empty house another dead end street
Gonna rest my bones an sit for a spell
This side of heaven this close to Hell
That's one way of describing Detroit (h/t The Original Blogger)

Right next door to hell
Why don't you write a letter to me yeah
I said I'm right next door to hell
An so many eyes are on me
Right next door to hell
I got nowhere else to be
Right next door to hell
Feels like the walls are closing in on me
And how about those new FTC rules, anyway?

My mamma never really said much to me
She was much too young and scared ta be
Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need
But all I really ever get is greed
An most my friends they feel the same
Hell we don't even have ourselves to blame
But times are hard and thrills are cheaper
As your arms get shorter
Your pockets get deeper
Those last two lines capture this Administration's approach to the budget deficit as well as any other analysis.

Right next door to hell
Why don't you write a letter to me yeah
I said I'm right next door to hell
An so many eyes are on me
Right next door to hell
I never thought this is where I'd be
Right next door to hell
Thinkin' time'll stand still for me
Time is not on Obama's side or Rose's, unfortunately.

F--- --u
B---h
This spacer in the song was explored by Klavan at some length.

Not bad kids just stupid ones
Yeah we thought we'd own the world
An gettin' used was havin' fun
I said we're not sad kids just lucid ones yeah
Flowin' through life not collectin' anyone
So much out there
Still so much to see
Time's too much to handle
Time's too much for me
It drives me up the walls
Drives me out of my mind
Can you tell me what this means...huh?
Oh, the woes of the Obama voter. "Right next door to Hell" was quite a rock'n'roll prophecy indeed.

The fact that Axl Rose finally got around to releasing Chinese Democracy is less than comforting...

3 comments:

  1. Nice OR you could have gone with Alice In Chains, Heaven beside you Hell Within .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrics

    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/alice+in+chains/heaven+beside+you_20005986.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KJ,
    Now, if I was breaking out the 'Chains, it'd have involved taking Axelrod to the "Would?"-shed.

    I kill me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete