Look, I'm bummed out. No, it's not that Hopium and Changeeba mean passing legislation that doesn't exist. It's not the celebrity demises. It's that, after last Sunday's success in finding someone for Conor Friedersdorf, there can never be a better Rule 5 post. It's that sad and simple. But soldier on we must, using the pure cheer-up factor of simple, old-fashioned lovliness as a light to navigate these dark days.
- Starting of with She Whom We Have Not Linked Enough, we have Shivaree, "Goodnight Moon". Because you cannot go wrong with a sultry brunette. Thanks, Little Miss Attila.
- I'm thinking that LMA may feel jealous about Paco's Rule 5 submission, however. Totally Awesome! I'm beginning to suspect this fellow is the physical embodiment of IMDB, as he presents yet another trio of lovely memories.
- For the ladies, a bunch of dudes in a whimsical guide to facial hair.
- Freeberg at HoE has a nostalgic hotpants in stark black and white. He also has the fortitude to post Flo, the Progressive Insurance pitch lady. This is less extreme a call than a lizard fling with that other outfit. Or not. Discuss.
- Pat doesn't quite say it, but between the lines there seems to be a possibility of forsaking Shreveport for New Orleans. And, she was the first with a reasonably normal Michael Jackson post. Heaven rest an apparently tortured soul.
- The Classical Liberal celebrates the tough and lovely Christina Applegate. I vaguely remember forgetting about the breast cancer. We'll also remember Farrah Fawcett here, though no one submitted her classic 70's pinup. Heaven rest her as well.
- Three Beers Later posits a rule 5.5 (unsure if that's followed by a % sign) which seems to cover cartoons, such as a swipe at David Letterman. Given that the Rule 5 Sunday regulation manual is as notional as those governing the antics of the 111th Congress (PBUI*), we'll let 'er slide. Later, TBL found a cheerleader video that is spot on.
- Martina McBride, suggests Fisherville Mike. Tough material. Recalls Sting, Never Coming Home, sort of.
- Jeffords suggests Jeri Ryan, but it's really a lure into a thoughtful meditation on the week's news from the South Carolinian standpoint.
- Carol reveals something personal concerning Alexander Crichlow Barker, Jr.
- Perry at Beating the Liberty Drum suggests Jessie James
- Teach at The Pirates Cove links Father's Day, Iran, and comic books in a single pinup.
- Troglopundit appears to suffer from cat scratch fever.
- The Track-a-'Crat has a Megan Fox picture for the young lad in all of us. Who "know[s] what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens."
- Big game master Chris in NJ has located some Rhinos we can love.
- The Camp of the Saints rounds us out with Gina Lollobrigida
*Pox Be Upon It