Rose Director Friedman passed away Tuesday, August 18, 2009, in her home in Davis, California, of heart failure. While the exact date of her birth is uncertain, she is believed to have been 98 years old . . .Brian Doherty has a tribute at Reason magazine. More blog reaction at Memeorandum. Our world is now much poorer for the departure of such giants, on whose shoulders we aspire to stand. Let us hope to be worthy of their rich legacy.
Air ambulance carrying 6 people disappears from radar off the coast of
Nantucket, Massachusetts
-
Well this is odd….We’ve all heard about the Bermuda Triangle and the
conspiracies with that, but this is too far
The post Air ambulance carrying 6 people...
2 hours ago
I was a kid when I read Milton and Rose Friedman's "Free to Choose." I don't know how it came to my attention, because at my age, a book on economics should have been the last thing that caught my eye, but I've been grateful that it did ever since. That little book, by those two towering minds, forever changed the way I look at things. They will both be missed.
ReplyDelete