Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rose Friedman, R.I.P.

First Novak, and now Milton Friedman's widow, too:
Rose Director Friedman passed away Tuesday, August 18, 2009, in her home in Davis, California, of heart failure. While the exact date of her birth is uncertain, she is believed to have been 98 years old . . .
Brian Doherty has a tribute at Reason magazine. More blog reaction at Memeorandum. Our world is now much poorer for the departure of such giants, on whose shoulders we aspire to stand. Let us hope to be worthy of their rich legacy.

1 comment:

  1. I was a kid when I read Milton and Rose Friedman's "Free to Choose." I don't know how it came to my attention, because at my age, a book on economics should have been the last thing that caught my eye, but I've been grateful that it did ever since. That little book, by those two towering minds, forever changed the way I look at things. They will both be missed.

    ReplyDelete