Monday, March 2, 2009

Minor blogging milestone

Just collected my second check from Google Adsense. I got my first check back in November, as I recall. So it took eight months to get the first, and only another three months to get the second.

A small check, obviously -- not that giant check they give to Powerball jackpot winners -- but it is actual income from mere blogging. This gives me a thin pretext of legitimacy when I tell my wife that blogging constitutes "work."

Also, my "this is work" argument got a boost from certain readers/tip-jar hitters who haven't asked to be acknowledged for their contributions to the pre-CPAC fund-raising drive. It's a subject of debate whether I still owe Little Miss Attila more martinis. I did indeed give her a $20 for lunch Friday.

Plus, I introduced Attila and Melissa Clouthier to a young protege, Josiah Ryan of CNSNews.com, whom I suspect by merely flashing his crooked grin helped them get in touch with their inner cougars. And that's gotta be worth something, right?

L-R: Melissa Clouthier, Josiah Ryan, Little Miss Attila.

1 comment:

  1. Now that you are getting paid for blogging, are there tax breaks?

    ReplyDelete