Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where Did the Pleasant Cthulhu Go?

by Smitty
The poor wee Cramer:
I also made it clear in a New York magazine article that I favored Obama over McCain because I thought Obama to be a middle-of-the-road Democrat, exactly the kind I have supported all my adult life, although I will admit to being far more left-wing during my teenage years and early 20s.
To be totally out of the closet, I actually embrace every part of Obama's agenda, right down to the increase on personal taxes and the mortgage deduction. I am a fierce environmentalist who has donated multiple acres to the state of New Jersey to keep forever wild. I believe in cap and trade. I favor playing hardball with drug companies that hold up the U.S. government with me-too products.
Oh, it must have been pleasant in that closet, Mr. Cramer. Not that we're the least bit interested in the rituals. Now, however, you can reap the whirlwind with the rest of us:
So I will fight the fight against that agenda. I will stand up for what I believe and for what I have always believed: Every person has a right to be rich in this country and I want to help them get there. And when they get there, if times are good, we can have them give back or pay higher taxes. Until they get there, I don't want them shackled or scared or paralyzed. That's what I see now.
If that makes me an enemy of the White House, then call me a general of an army that Obama may not even know exists -- tens of millions of people who live in fear of having no money saved when they need it and who get poorer by the day.
No, Cramer, the truth about world-class evil is that it can afford to devour the worshippers as well, knowing that there will always be a supply of useful idiots, until humanity itself is gone, which is the other big win. Your consolation prize was also eaten, but here is a free clip upon which to ruminate:

UPDATE (RSM): Dang, Smitty's got the blog-fu goin' on, don't he? Give the man kudos. And he got 'Lanched!

11 comments:

  1. "I am a fierce environmentalist who has donated multiple acres to the state of New Jersey to keep forever wild."

    Multiple acres. Two? Three? A couple of vacant lots with crack houses in Camden? Tell us more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the hell is this "Smitty" fellow? I thought this was a solo gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosk:
    If Smitty wasn't the very first commenter on this blog, he has certainly been the most persistent and prolific.
    He and I have become friends, and so I've asked him to contribute from time to time, as occasions arise. There are times when I'm out of pocket and can't post or moderate comments, and so having a backup admin is helpful. The "solo" nature of the blog remains essentially unchanged. All of Smitty's posts will be clearly marked as such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he considers himself to currently be a middle of the road Democrat, what pray tell, does a far left Democrat look like to him? That Cthulhu reference was hilariously on point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Cramer -- who was spotted by smarter people than the likes of me a long time ago: I knew it!!! :: The way to make money off of Cramer is to short his picks.

    (chain of links to Barron's breaks, but original referenced is Shorting Cramer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two cents:

    Cthulu/Lovecraft 2012

    "Evil you can depend on!"

    Cthulu/Lovecraft 2012

    "Evil you can believe in!"

    Cthulu/Lovecraft 2012

    "We are the evil we have been waiting for!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. "MarkJ said...

    Cthulu/Lovecraft 2012

    'We are the evil we have been waiting for!'"

    LOL, excellent. I would buy that bumpersticker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Cramer did at least tell everyone who needed their money in the next five years to get out of the market R.effing.N., and that was three or four months ago (IIRC), when it would have been a damn smart thing to do.

    But seriously, how can people have the knowledge to manage investments and not understand how to vet a candidate? Candidate Obama's declared intentions , while not nearly as Hugo Chavez-like as they have turned out in reality, were obviously going to harm the economy.

    If Cramer has ripped off his blinders, I'm sure there's still an inner pair, like a nictating membrane, waiting to protect him from the blinding visage of Obamanomics.

    That somewhat "amphibianic" reference brings us to the Cthulu vid. Great job posting that one, Smitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I made posters for the 2008 Cthulhu For President campaign... ok, web graphics... still, I left the originals in Photoshop as I had this sinking feeling Cthulhu may just become the *lesser* of two evils. Or three or four for that matter.

    Cthulhu for a Strong Defense
    Cthulhu Tough on Illegal Immigrants
    Free Health care the Cthulhu way!
    And little web graphics easy to find

    Unfortunately we decided between lesser evils... next time that will be Cthulhu!

    Cthulhu Saves! In case he is hungry later...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very funny video. I'm thinking of having it played at my funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vote for Chthulu -- why settle for the lesser evil?

    ReplyDelete