Saturday, April 18, 2009

Anyone taking the NYT out back for a good workout...

by Smitty

...is a fine citizen, in my estimation.
William A. Jacobson, over at Legal Insurrection, is a case in point. His post "I'm Seething Over The NY Times Calling Me Seething" documents his critical efforts against the famous fish-wrapper:
I long have criticized the bias of the NY Times, and mocked its business death spiral. My posts Nude Swiss Hikers Rescue NY Times and NY Times New Business Strategy: DEATH mocked the sensationalist trend on The Times' website. I was the first (as far as I know) to suggest The Times convert to non-profit status. I have attacked the spineless hypocrisy of columnists such as Paul Krugman and David Brooks, and taken The Times to task for its attacks on Eric Cantor and Sarah Palin, photo bias about Israel, despicable characterization the immigration issue, and The "Military Recruiting Goals" Media Lie. And I've only been blogging six months!
What brought this personal attention from The Paper of Record in the Age of Boutique Vinyl?
Now The Times is giving it back to me, describing me as "seething" over the report by the Department of Homeland Security defining a broad range of citizens as "extremist" for doing nothing more than voicing their opinions on issues and seeking to influence government, both of which activities are protected by the 1st Amendment.
Now, now, now, Mr. Jacobson: the 0th Commandment is Thou Shalt Not Question The Narrative. You are a Bad Person. You may torture yourself in the manner of your choosing, per the recently released torture memos, so long as you are unwavering in your Bush Blaming for the techniques employed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be considered an Extreme Rightwing Extremist, and being happy makes me happy, as opposed to liberals being happy to mad which makes them upset which makes them happy which makes them angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you page! Should be required reading!!

    Would you like a Link Exchange with our blog COMMON CENTS? Check us out here...
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete