Thursday, November 19, 2009

Life is good

A little bit ago, I set the high score -- 21,200 -- in a Pac Man tournament with my three youngest children.

My wife was out in the backyard feeding the chickens. We eat brown eggs for breakfast here, and my wife looks good in her blue jeans, feeding the chickens.

Just got back from Sheetz, where I bought a couple of chili-kraut-cheese dogs, a small bag of fries and a frozen mocha. Wanted to have something to eat before my wife and I left for a little cocktail reception this evening in D.C.

Sullivan's melting down, Doug Hoffman's still fighting in NY23, and Barbara Espinosa's improving her blog-fu.

Sometimes survival is victory, and I'm doing a little bit better than surviving these days. Still, you really ought to hit the tip jar. Smitty's in charge for the evening, so e-mail him with news tips, etc.

7 comments:

  1. Stacy - Is your Pac-man game an arcade box or is it on a console, ie the Wii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you stay so skinny eating like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to hear good news. have you heard anything about all those airplanes that didn't crash today? Or all those people who didn't drop dead of some dread disease?

    Thanksfulness is a gift. The cardinal Christian virtue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selective memory has got the best of you forgetting to give the age of the chilin' gloating because you beat 3 wee ones under 12.
    Shame,Shame.Tsk, Tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Just got back from Sheetz, where I bought a couple of chili-kraut-cheese dogs, a small bag of fries and a frozen mocha."

    Wow, you are brave!! Chili, kraut and coffee!

    Hope they have a bathroom close by. The only thing missing is newsprint ink on your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do brown eggs taste any different than white eggs? When I was growing up, buying brown eggs was considered "putting on airs".

    Kind of irrelevant, I guess, since I hate eggs, period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh." said the commercials that used to run here in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete