Thursday, August 6, 2009

What Stogie Said

"The most important thing about this Griffin affair is that it FINALLY fires a needed shot across the bow of the gaggle of Alaskan PDS bloggers who are obsessed with the personal destruction of Sarah Palin. Those bloggers include Jesse Griffin, Jeanne Devon, Linda Kellen Biegel and Shannyn Moore -- obnoxious liars, all."
-- Stogie at Saberpoint

BTW, some idiot tried to leave a comment about me getting clocked doing 85 mph in a 65 mph zone, alleging that this proved I was the real menace to society. Rejected.

Fast driver? Guilty, your honor. Safe driver? Completely. It's that hillbilly moonshiner NASCAR gene. Like that bumper sticker I saw on a pickup truck once: "I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying."

Of course, if that trooper had been parked somewhere else at some other time, he might have clocked me at 110 mph. (N.B.: "If" denotes a hypothetical, and "might" merely suggests a possibility, and since this is clearly marked "humor," I'm probably just joking.)

Meanwhile, my bulldog friend Dan Riehl notices that a certain fellow has some curious research interests . . . NTTAWWT. IYKWIMAITYD.

BTW, I'm blogging from the campus of George Washington University, where the Young America's Foundation is holding its 31st Annual National Conservative Leadership Conference. Just dropped in to say hi to Jason Mattera, who blogged about the massive fail by Campus Progress disrupters.

Meanwhile, the Left is accusing the Right of organizing dissent at congressional town-hall meetings. The great thing about being a Democrat is that no one can accuse you of not having standards. Two of them, in fact!

Me? I'm a one-man angry mob.

6 comments:

  1. RS, are you the angry mob who has been showing up at all the Town Halls? Har har!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but in your version of NASCAR, they would all be right turns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you're from Georgia, for goodness sake. Of course you know how to drive safely at 85 m.p.h. or faster. It's just part of being a Southerner, like grits and good manners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gone that fast with a deer tied to the hood of my truck, with the windows down, a Marlboro hanging from my lips, and my wife breastfeeding my kid... in the truck bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Anonymous, always got to one-up everybody, eh? Here's a tip from the way-back: If you start seeing double, just close one eye.

    When I was in college, I did a bit of one-eyed driving. (Kids: Don't try this at home; this many is a professional trained hillbilly.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its all in how you look at it. I don't consider them "tickets". I consider them permits that I have to pay randomly for the privelage of driving at whatever speed I wish.

    ReplyDelete