Friday, August 7, 2009

The Future of the Conservative Movement

Just brought me lunch:

This is Trey Easton, Sarah T. Herman Intern Scholar for the Young America's Foundation, and a junior majoring in economics at George Mason University.

You may ask yourself, "Why is such a promising young fellow bringing Stacy McCain a cheeseburger, fries and a large sweet iced tea from Wendy's?"

As famed George Mason economist Walter Williams would explain, the secret of capitalism is how "the Invisible Hand" redirects resources to their most valuable use. In this example, the resource involved was time.

There was a line at Wendy's downstairs here at GWU's Marvin Center, site of the YAF National Conservative Student Conference. Would my time be best spent standing in that line, rather than getting my laptop set up and logged in?

So I decided to come up here and was getting set up when -- as if by magic -- the "Invisible Hand" brought me into contact with young Mr. Easton.

"An intern?" I said. "Listen, I've got a job for you . . ."

Never let it be said that I haven't done my share to train the future leaders of the conservative movement in the glories of capitalism!

UPDATE 3:42 p.m.: "Mom?" young Mr. Easton said into his cell phone just now, after I showed him this post. "Mom, go to Google. . . . OK, now type in 'The Other McCain' . . . That's right. The first link at the top of the page. . . . OK, Mom, I gotta run now. Kind of busy. Love you. Bye."

He forgot to add, "Hit the tip jar, Mom." Never let it be said that I haven't done my share to train the future leaders of the conservative movement in the glories of capitalism!

7 comments:

  1. Nice looking and happy kid. I invite comparisons to the pinched and ugly faces one sees at leftist gatherings.

    This is what I don't understand. Leftists always look so angry and unhappy, Yet they want everyone to be like them. Makes my head hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something wrong with his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conservatives will all be working fast-food jobs in HopeyChangeReich?.
    You'll be glad for that job, mister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom,

    You have a fine son there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! He can run errands like a trained monkey! Just what the GOP needs, more errand boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cute.

    By the way, Wendy's is freakin' AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete