Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bill Maher hates himself.
And can you blame him?

Via Memorandum, I encountered Bill Maher's 737-word sneer at the Tea Party movement and conservatives in general. Having observed Maher for more than 15 years, I felt obligated to share a few insights:
Years ago, when he still had his ABC show, Politically Incorrect, I observed that Maher had two pet peeves, Christian morality and feminism. This struck me as not coincidental, as both of these belief systems would tend to interfere with what was transparently the chief object of Maher's existence: Getting laid.
After I'd moved to Washington, I became acquainted with someone who had frequently been a guest on Maher's show. When I shared my supposition about the basis of Maher's political fixations, my friend nodded eagerly and said: "Bill Maher's idea of a romantic evening is doing coke with hookers at Sky Bar." . . .
Read the rest at Hot Air's Green Room.

UPDATE: No Sheeples Here:
In a monologue from one of his HBO shows, Maher noted that [Sarah] Palin has five children including an infant that has Down syndrome saying "She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards."
Maher's never-married status (at age 53) is sort of the "tell" on his game. Marriage is an institution that teaches humility, requiring a man to acknowledge that he isn't always right. As every husband knows, every time you do something stupid, your wife is required to recite the list (which wives memorize and rehearse continually in their minds) of every stupid thing you've ever done. An adolescent narcissist can't deal with that. So it's hookers at Sky Bar for Bill.

5 comments:

  1. Right above the bikini pics, eh?

    Which brings me to this: his alleged hatred of women is different from your actual disdain and hatred of women how?

    I think the difference lies in the fact that you're a superstitious loon who can't understand why Bill rejects your Sky Fairy (the one who tells you it's okay to subjugate women) and that makes you angry.

    Bill certainly shows more respect to women than you did in your Plan B post.

    Lastly, what were the teabaggers protesting? A tax hike which hasn't happened, would only effect 5% of tax payers, and is a return to tax rates of 2001? Or, the tax cut that I see in my pay check each week?

    Bill was right: you and your ilk were protesting an election loss. And, you need to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I love how the tim manages to insult religious faith, call you (and me, and lots of other people) a woman-hater, and impute false-consciousness on half a million people in only 137 words. Props to you, tim. Now go choke on a prune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - tim sounds a lot like my troll except tim's language is much nicer and he doesn't include wishes for your speedy demise...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems rather obvious that Maher needs the climate to make it really, really easy to get laid.

    Because, even with money, he's a ghoulish little cryptkeeper looking fellow with a shitty ants-at-a-picnic disposition. Maybe he just needs an intervention, where we get the high school football team to apologize for all the wedgies. Maybe then he'll stop taking things out on everyone else.

    Also, tim is a doosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoy not tuning him on my television set every night Gotta love that Freedom of Speech. Bill can feel free to blather on and I can feel free to channel block from the privacy of my own couch :-)

    ReplyDelete