Friday, January 16, 2009

Meghan McCain dissing Palin?

John McCain's 24-year-old daughter told a New Hampshire blogger this week: "Sarah Palin is the only part of the campaign that I won't comment on publicly.”

As Harry at MyPalPalin.com points out (scroll down to his "special feature"), this is a stark contrast to Meghan's unabashed enthusiasm for Palin during the campaign:
Back on August 30, 2008, Meghan McCain wrote in her own blog, " ... Dad's choice of Governor Sarah Palin as his nominee for Vice President is a moment on stage I will never forget. She and her family are so down to earth and so much fun. I could not be any luckier to have these wonderful people join us on the road. I had the pleasure of spending the day with kids Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig. Not only do we have a new Vice Presidential nominee, but I have three new awesome girls to share the road with. I am looking forward to spending more time with them hanging out on the Straight Talk Express." . . .
Then on September 16, during a Larry King TV interview, King asked Meghan what she thought about her father's selection of Sarah Palin for vice president, and Meghan answered: " ... I'm very, very pleased with it. I love her. I'm really excited about it." . . .
King asked Meghan what specifically she liked about Sarah, and Meghan said, "First of all, she's really chill. She's really nice, really friendly. She's really up on pop culture, which I always respect. She's very smart. She doesn't act entitled, which unfortunately sometimes you get with some politicians. She's just like your average girl, like just a mom. But she's very, very shrewd, very smart. I've heard her talking about issues.” . . .
Now it’s the middle of January, 2009 and Meghan gushes to a nameless blogger that there’s nothing about the election she would change, that “it was the most liberating experience of my life," but says she will not respond to any questions about Gov. Palin.
Worth noting. Steadfast loyalty isn't a prominent trait in Crazy Cousin John's branch of the family.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that and her reaction surprised me more than her father's. I simply must know what the deal is there. Why do they hate her?

    I also read that McCain put the kibosh on Cindy's dream of being on Dancing with the Stars. That guy's a real killjoy.

    Speaking of McCains and gossip, has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Salma Hayek's baby daddy?

    It's true! It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess loyalty is only as far as the door with McCain..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan is a wanna-be, can't be. Couldn't bear her blog -- she was so full of herself!
    .

    ReplyDelete