Thursday, January 15, 2009

Democrat pushes for military draft

They told me if I voted Republican, kids would be forced into the army -- and they were right:
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) likely will introduce his controversial legislation to reinstate the draft again this year, but he will wait until after the economic stimulus package is passed. . . .
If a draft had been in place in 2002 when members were making the decision on whether to support the war in Iraq, Rangel has said, Congress never would have approved the war resolution, because the pressure from constituents would have been too great.
I stole the joke from an obscure Lithuanian comic tradition and Instapundit, but mainly from Instapundit.

UPDATE: Commenter Tom: "Which Republican did you vote for in 2008, again?" Of course, he references my famous boast, "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Bob Barr" (click to buy the T-shirt). But while I refused to vote for Crazy Cousin John, I voted a straight Republican ticket the rest of the way, including my vote for Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD).

1 comment: