Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hillary invites me to dinner

She's been after me for months:
Dear Robert,
Summer is a time for simple pleasures: family vacations, baseball games, and dinner out under the stars. At least it is if you aren't running for president!
It sure is nice having a little more time on my hands, and I'd love to spend some of it with you. Would you like to join me for dinner? . . .
This is my first chance to sit down and spend some real one-on-one time with you. If you enter today, we could be having dinner together soon! . . .
Let's go to dinner! Contribute now, and you and I could be enjoying a summer dinner together soon! Join me for dinner. Make a contribution today.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful support.
All the best,





Oh, you coy little minx, you. "Dinner under the stars ... real one-on-one time" -- but don't it alway come down to the money, honey? Let me think about it. I'm a busy guy. Obama wants me backstage with him, you know. In the meantime, how 'bout you get me some coffee?

Let's see you scoff now, Don Surber!

1 comment:

  1. I'm heartbroken. Feel double crossed. But I don't blame you. Her commitment was to me. Let me know how things work out with Obama!

    ReplyDelete