Thursday, April 24, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me:
Atlanta police charged Georgia Thornton and her daughter Sequita with attacking Felecia Williams, a teacher at Southside High School, on Feb. 28.
The mother, 44, was charged with battery on a school teacher, disrupting public schools, criminal trespass and theft by taking in connection with the attack, according to the police report.
Sequita, 17, was charged with battery on a teacher and disrupting public schools, according to the report. . . .
Williams said Tuesday she had met with Thornton previously to discuss Sequita's grades and sporadic attendance. Williams asked a school police officer to observe a meeting a couple of weeks before the incident because she was afraid for her safety, she said.
On the day of the attack, Williams said the pair walked into her classroom during first period and began arguing about a book. Williams asked them to leave, but the mother pushed past her and grabbed a book off her desk, the teacher said.
When Williams, 40, tried to get the book back, the mother pulled the teacher's hair and threw her to the ground, the police report said. Then the mother and daughter stomped on the teacher, according to the report.
"She was swinging me by my hair, and my shoes flew off my feet," Williams said. "Then I was on the ground, and they were both pounding on me. I was terrified. So were my students." . . .
Thornton said she had been meeting with Williams because the teacher wouldn't give her daughter the correct grade.
If Sequita was making bad grades, maybe it's because she inherited the stupid gene from her mother, who supplies this Quote of the Week contender:
"That teacher, she had it in for my daughter," Thornton said. "I raised my daughter not to disrespect adults, so I took care of this situation. Yes, I hit her. I do what I have to do to protect my child at all costs."
(Via Jawa Report.) I miss my native Georgia. The news is always so much more fun down home.

No comments:

Post a Comment