Thursday, April 3, 2008

Look on the bright side

"Saturday Night Live" comedian Chris Farley was 33 when he died over an overdose in 1997. His friend David Spade says:
"I got a lot of s - - - at the end about 'Why weren't you there for him?' But being that close, I dealt with it all the time. And in that situation, before the guy's dead, he's just kind of an a - -hole. Truth is, you get a junkie who's wasted all the time and moody and angry and trying to knock you around, you say, 'OK, you go do that, and I'll be over here.' "
The bright side of Farley's death? I get to congratulate myself that I've already outlived that junkie by 15 years. Also, I'm a father of six, whereas Farley was a Darwinian dead-end.

Just want to put that idea out there for the benefit of any young idiots who might think it's "glamorous" to be a junkie loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment