Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Isn't she lovely?

Chloe Marshall of Cranleigh, England, won the title of Miss Surrey and she is now a finalist for the Miss England crown.

She's a beautiful brunette who stands 5-foot-10 and, perhaps you guys will be interested to learn, Miss Marshall's official profile describes her as a 36DD. And there's a swimsuit photo.

That got your attention, huh?

However, I must point out that Miss Marshall is only 17 -- and she weighs 176 pounds.

Here she is in that swimsuit photo I promised (click to enlarge). Chloe explained her Miss England quest to the Telegraph:
"I wanted to go through to the Miss England finals to break through the stereotype that you have to be tall and skinny.
"I wanted to make a bit of a statement. When I studied the other entrants for the Miss Surrey competition I concluded that pretty as the contestants were, they were equally all uniformly blonde and Barbie doll like.
"I want to show girls out there that it is possible to be beautiful and not a standard sized zero."
She was interviewed on Britain's "Five News":



"I'm going to stay like this, because I'm proud of who I am."

You go, Chloe! I've never thought the anorexic scarecrow look was attractive, and there's nothing wrong with a little more to love. Good luck in the finals and, whatever the outcome, you're already a winner.

UPDATE: This post has already gotten more comments than anything since last week's post on South-bashing, proving my theory that people get bored with 24/7 politics. As much as I love blogging about politics, I get burnt out if I don't occasionally throw in a little Britney Spears-type celebrity news. Some people think the news should always be ultra-serious, but I like a bit of tabloid fun now and again, and who can resist a story about a 176-pound beauty queen? It's a big story, you might say.

UPDATE II: Since everyone seems to be playing "Hot or Not?" in the comment field, here are some more photos (via the Daily Mail) to help you decide. First, the inarguably impressive cleavage shot:


To paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy, that's hot, I don't care who you are. Now, time for Exhibit B -- the full-length bikini shot:

There she is -- all 5-foot-10, 176 pounds of her. Certainly a very different look for a beauty pageant finalist. Dr. Melissa Clouthier has a "Hot or Not?" poll going.

UPDATE III: Linked by Don Surber, who I'll bet would vote "hot" -- West Virginians are known to like their women with that "gravy-and-biscuits" look.

13 comments:

  1. You know what I think she should do for the talent competition?

    A cannonball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful. She's gorgeous, and healthy and happy. What could be more beautiful than that? Congratulations Chloe!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful, but not healthy. She is definitely overweight and that will likely be a long-term health problem for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm going to stay like this, because I'm proud of who I am." ????
    Kind of reminds me of Fantasia...
    Great role models... Geez!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killer Whale.
    hubba hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend at work whose daughter is fighting anorexia. I'm sure he'd be doing backflips if his daughter looked like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and healthy, but I don't believe she only weighs 176...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "She is definitely overweight and that will likely be a long-term health problem for her."

    I know body mass index is not the be-all end-all, but FWIW, her BMI is 25.3, which is just over the line into overweight. If she lost 3 pounds, that would put her BMI in the normal range.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's quite attractive and has a really nice figure. Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I believe her bikini is adorned with the Cross of St George. Take that, PC types!

    ReplyDelete
  11. West Virginians are known to like their women with that "gravy-and-biscuits" look.

    Warm in the winter, and shady in the summer.

    B Moe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find her very attractive and she carries her weight very well; I nonetheless think a large part of that has to do with being 17 and having a 17-year-old's skin and metabolism, two factors that will not endure as long as might be wished.

    She will probably do her health a world of good if she loses something like 10-20 pounds, and (though this should rightly be viewed as a fringe benefit of more important overall health) that will help her keep her good looks much longer than they will otherwise last. 176 lbs. on a 5'10" can work very well at 20; it is probably not going to work nearly as well at 40 without converting a good deal more of it into muscle mass.

    ReplyDelete