Sunday, April 27, 2008

Going for the Blog-o-Bucks

This blog began as, and remains, a hobby. I love blogging. My co-author Lynn Vincent once said I was "born to blog" -- a genetic condition involving a rare combination of ADD and OCD.

I was fortunate enough, while working at The Washington Times, to have been sort of an unofficial liaison between the newspaper and the blogosphere. That duty not only gave me an excuse to blog, but also to read dozens of other blogs -- and call it "work"!

So after I left the paper in January, I kept blogging just to keep my hand in the blogosphere while working as a freelancer, and it's been fun and cool. And reasonably successful -- lately, the traffic's been between 20K and 30K page-views per month, which ain't too shabby considering I've only been blogging continually since late February.

But now Mrs. McCain is kind of giving me the Evil Eye -- hey, we've got six kids and bills to pay -- and so I'm going to try to hustle up some Blog-o-Bucks, as Ace would say. Therefore, I've installed an Amazon.com Honor System thingy, which allows readers to send me money:

Amazon Honor System

Click Here to PayYou just click and pay -- very easy for anyone with an Amazon account or a credit card. You can give any amount you want, from $1 on up. So please, give me money, and make my wife happy. Because a happy wife is a blogger's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment