Saturday, October 31, 2009

Like my Daddy taught me

"My father offered me some advice from his own career. The key to winning as a lineman, Dad said, was the first play from scrimmage. Come to the line with the determination to fire off as soon as the ball was snapped and hit the other guy as hard as you can. 'Line up and look him in the eye and say, "I'm going to beat you today," and then knock him on his butt. Hit him as hard as you can, then come back on the next play and do it again. Just keep at it until you've got him beat.' "
-- "Championship Season," by Robert Stacy McCain

1 comment:

  1. Mr. McCain, you are without a doubt one of the best writers in this medium. I appreciate good writing, but the mark of greatness to me is when I finish reading something and it leaves not only appreciation, but also the cold sting of envy from knowing I could never equal it.

    Thank you for all you do.

    Chuck Coffer

    ReplyDelete