Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gay Motors and the Beefcake Bailout

Now that Obama has taken over GM, henceforth Chevrolet will be known as the Gaymobile:
For a local movie promotion a week ago aimed at gay buyers, General Motors' Chevrolet sponsored an online video on YouTube featuring the "Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs" -- a couple of buff "go-go boys" wearing only Speedo-type swimsuits with the letters CAMARO stitched across the behind. In the video, they are washing a Camaro. . . .
The video was produced to promote Chevrolet Gay Days at the Movies in Los Angeles, part of an ongoing outreach program to minority groups and the gay-lesbian-bisexual-transgender community. The movie was a screening of the new Transformers movie, chock full of GM vehicles including Bumblebee, a Camaro.
If you see a guy driving a Chevy . . . well, NTTAWWT.

UPDATE: I'm thinking Chevrolet needs a new slogan: "We're here! We're queer! We're driving Chevy!"

UPDATE II: In keeping with their LBGT/Obama agenda, General Motors today unveiled a new logo:

6 comments:

  1. Does anyone really think that gays are going to be rushing out to get the new Camaro? Everyone knows that its either a Saab, Subaru, or a Sebring Convertable that are the go-to gaymobiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... My Dad said American cars needed to get back their "lust" factor.

    I'm not ENTIRELY sure this is what he meant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew the trend of designing cars with bigass trunks would come to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Video yanked from Youtube. See link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending this to my Chevy loving brother in law.
    But my 62 Chevy truck is still OK, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I am going to be contrarian about this, but I would be pissed if GM / Chevy weren't reaching out to the gay community. Gays as a demographic group have more disposable income than most - that means they can spend on cars - and since I as a taxpayer am now a stockholder in GM I want them maximizing profits. If that means going after the gay demographic more power too em.

    ReplyDelete