Jeff Greenwald at Salon says Obama is Spock: It's quite logical.
He's been FDR...Abraham Lincoln...and now Spock. I suppose the point is to advertise the new Trek flick. However, one is left to question why the POTUS can't just be Barak Obama. Writer of best-sellers, fundraiser extraordinaire, campaign wizard, [pejoratives go here]. Do we really have to endure Obama Clock more attempts do define the guy in terms of someone else?
Looking at the IMDB top 250, we may see:
- Obama is Don Vito Corleone "I'd like to make you a bailout offer you can't refuse."
- Obama is Jules Winnfield (his wallet is the one that says [NSFW]Bad Mike Foxtrot)
- Obama is Rick Blaine "Here's making vaguely obscene gestures at you, kid."
- Obama is Han Solo (replete with pastry-head Michelle)
- Obama is Indiana Jones (crack that whip!)
- Obama is President Merkin Muffley "General Turgidson, I find this very difficult to understand. I was under the impression that I was the only one in authority to order the use of nuclear weapons."
- Obama is Charles Foster Kane "Arugula..."
- Obama is Arthur, King of the Britons (Joe Biden with the coconuts)
...and so forth. Basically any non-military (anti)hero. Discuss your suggestions.