Tearing myself away from writing an annotated bibliography for a course I'm taking, why not do something pleasant, which refreshes the soul, and brightens moods the blogosphere over? Yes, it's Rule 5 Sunday time. These gems have been queuing up since the last outing. Your submissions are sought, at smitty1e. To the posts!
- The Traitors Among Us gets us going in fine form, with Carrie-Ann Moss, leather, and a cannon. Splendid trifecta.
- The Patriot Room, whose author is a lawyer, has a ball taking his Rule 5 racquet to court. Quite attractively, too.
- On the topic of court-ship, props to American Power Blog for honoring Ann Althouse sporting the shiny. Blessings to you, Ann!
- Stephen at The Liberty Papers likes Julia Roberts as Dagny in Atlas Shrugs. Smitty shrugs. Who is pleased easily is pleased often. Standards are for picky people. Has the actress a pulse?
- HotMES proposed a rule change as a means of putting up a Catharine Zeta Jones picture. Maybe we should restrict the Rule 5 format to days ending in the letter "y." It's a thought.
- Dave C, unconcerned with Atlas Shrugs, is more interested in Angie Harmon as Governor Palin. One can find no fault with this.
- Tigerhawk offers a double-entendre we can't resist: "Saturday Evening (Exploitation) Post," with Rule 5 NCAA basketball cheerleader hottage.
- The Eye of Polyphemus offers some Sarah Palin action photos. <rant>I have a theory that you could correlate liberal media angst with BHO cock-ups, if you did some Lexis-Nexis work. Seems like every time the good POTUS raises the stupidity bar another notch, there is some story about Sarah's second-cousin's neighbor's untied shoe, and how Sarah clearly can't manage footwear, much less the Presidency.</rant>
- Less pressed by domestic matters, The Troglopundit cruises the international political hotties scene. This is a profound example of meticulous research and worthy of renown.
- Carol at No Sheeples Here offers a Charlotte Tea Party slideshow that fits bot the zeitgeist and our non-command of the rules.
- Bob at Bob's Bar and Grill, in his affably daffy way, gets around to linking Patricia Heaton. You'll have to RTFP to understand the left-handed apology at work here.
- Be sure not to miss the original inspiration, Pirate's Cove Patriotic Pinup Sunday.
- Considering that he threw us the PityLanche, we can probably count this as Glenn Reynolds' contribution to Rule 5 Sunday.
- Recent addition to the scene Trac-a-'Crat seems to be a Carl Bruni scholar.
- Serr8d contributes a somber review of the lovely Farrah Fawcett, whose cancer has returned. Blessing on you, Farrah.
- We heartily approve of Paco's retro taste. More, please!
- Pat down in Shreveport bends it like what's-his-name.
- Finally, The Purple Center joins the fray with something that is both Rule 5 and newsworthy, so let's get in a late shout.