Thursday, November 6, 2008

My crazy cousin

A reader at the American Spectator wondered if I was actually kin to the loser:
For many years, I had assumed I was no relation to the Arizona senator until, while doing research in 2000, I read his brief genealogical summary in Faith of My Fathers and realized that he and I have a mutual ancestor who lived in South Carolina circa 1790. One branch of the family went to Mississippi and became wealthy plantation owners, while another settled in East Alabama as red-dirt farmers. I'm a proud scion of the Red Dirt McCains, and have frequently referred to the Arizon senator as "Crazy Cousin John." There is a wide streak of crazy in the family, as anyone who knows me would attest, but Cousin John takes the cake.
Just for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment