Friday, June 27, 2008

Maverick to conservatives: Screw you!

Interviewed by the Las Vegas Sun:
I haven't won on every issue. I didn’t win on immigration reform, but I'll go back at it. And I'm glad I did it.
Why on earth would he feel compelled to say he’s glad he pushed for a bill that the base hates with a nuclear passion? . . . This is him flipping the bird to amnesty opponents.
My hunch? John McCain doesn't want to be president. He only ran for the GOP nomination out of spite, so that he could prevent a conservative Republican from getting the nomination. He's sticking his thumb in the eye of conservatives now for the same reason: Because he hates conservatives.

That's why the McCain campaign shifted into neutral the minute Mitt quit in February, why the campaign has done nothing to build a grassroots infrastructure at the state level, why the McCain campaign's fundraising plan is to drain the Republican National Committee treasury -- the most important goal for John McCain is to destroy the conservative wing of the Republican Party. And he's right on track!

UPDATE: I'd feel a lot better about getting linked by Think Progress if they were attacking me and calling me names.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a lefty troll who probably disagrees with you on every other issue, but there's one thing that drives me nuts about the immigration debate. It seems to me that no matter how you feel about amnesty, guest workers, or the number of people who should be allowed to legally immigrate, all of that is completely irrelevant if you CAN'T CONTROL THE BORDERS. Until you have a functioning fence, what's the point of even debating immigration, because even if one side could convince the other, the consensus would have no way to enforce its agreed upon policy.

    And aside from immigration, genuine terrorists could also cross the current borders easily.

    So to me, it's a no-brainer that we should all focus on securing the borders and THEN start arguing about what to do with the people who are here illegally and how many more legal ones we want to let cross.

    Am I a bad lefty troll for thinking this? What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, anonymous, you're a good lefty troll. And the fact that you're talking sense about an actual issue suggests to me that you are open to reason. Which means that, eventually, you'll realize the Democratic Party is a waste of your time and energy.

    ReplyDelete