Thursday, October 22, 2009

NY23: Sarah Palin endorses Hoffman

From her Facebook page:
Support Doug Hoffman
The people of the 23rd Congressional District of New York are ready to shake things up, and Doug Hoffman is coming on strong as Election Day approaches! He needs our help now.
The votes of every member of Congress affect every American, so it's important for all of us to pay attention to this important Congressional campaign in upstate New York. I am very pleased to announce my support for Doug Hoffman in his fight to be the next Representative from New York's 23rd Congressional district. It's my honor to endorse Doug and to do what I can to help him win, including having my political action committee, SarahPAC, donate to his campaign the maximum contribution allowed by law.
Our nation is at a crossroads, and this is once again a "time for choosing."
The federal government borrows, spends, and prints too much money, while our national debt hits a record high. Government is growing while the private sector is shrinking, and unemployment is on the rise. Doug Hoffman is committed to ending the reckless spending in Washington, D.C. and the massive increase in the size and scope of the federal government. He is also fully committed to supporting our men and women in uniform as they seek to honorably complete their missions overseas.
And best of all, Doug Hoffman has not been anointed by any political machine.
Doug Hoffman stands for the principles that all Republicans should share: smaller government, lower taxes, strong national defense, and a commitment to individual liberty.
Political parties must stand for something. When Republicans were in the wilderness in the late 1970s, Ronald Reagan knew that the doctrine of "blurring the lines" between parties was not an appropriate way to win elections. Unfortunately, the Republican Party today has decided to choose a candidate who more than blurs the lines, and there is no real difference between the Democrat and the Republican in this race. This is why Doug Hoffman is running on the Conservative Party's ticket.
Republicans and conservatives around the country are sending an important message to the Republican establishment in their outstanding grassroots support for Doug Hoffman: no more politics as usual.
You can help Doug by visiting his official website below and joining me in supporting his campaign:
http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/donate3.html.
-- Sarah Palin
UPDATE: Just wanted to remind you who first raised the question, "Why is Sarah MIA?"
Sarah Palin could make a huge difference in the NY23 special election, and everybody knows it. . . .
One point to make clear: No official in the Hoffman campaign has said a word to me about Sarah Palin. But some of Hoffman's supporters are heartbroken that Sarah -- whom I dubbed the "Sweetheart of the Heartland" last year -- hasn't joined the fight against Dede Scozzafava . . .
Forget about everybody "inside the Beltway," Mrs. Palin, and think about the people in NY23 -- decent, honest people who are working their hearts out and praying as hard as they can. The battlefield is there, the battle is underway, and every minute counts. . . .
That was Saturday and Sarah answered the call today. Gee, Governor, you had us worried there for a few days . . .

UPDATE II: Turns out Underground Conservative had scooped me on this one. Folks, I was so tired this evening -- drove 400 miles yesterday to get here, then drove 140 miles round-trip to Watertown this morning, with maybe 12 hours sleep in the past 72 hours -- that I went to bed early.

After about an hour, a bad dream woke me up: I dreamed I was broke and couldn't afford to drive back home. God's way of telling me to get to work.

So I got up and checked around. God said to check Ace of Spades HQ, which had linked Sarah Palin's Facebook page, "just in case." Heh.

Also, God said you should hit the tip jar. At least, I think that's what he said. Maybe I was mistaken. But why risk it, huh? Tomorrow, I'm planning to drive to Hoffman's main HQ in Saranac Lake -- 186 miles one-way, about four hours. You really ought to contribute to the Shoe Leather Fund.

While I was working on this post, Jimmie called to say he'd just posted about the Hoffman campaign's new radio ad. I don't know whether God told him to do that or not.

UPDATE III: Weekly Standard has the story, and you've got to give John McCormack credit for risking jail by asking Dede ScozzaRINO tough questions. Meanwhile, we're also linked by Fishersville Mike, The Lonely Conservative and DaTechguy's Blog

All the cool bloggers link here. Allahpundit? Not so much.

Our complete coverage of the NY23 special election.

20 comments:

  1. Made my day! I've been waiting on this to happen. Knew it would. She hit the high marks, too! SO Happy I will hit the tip jar:) Go Doug! and TY, RSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!

    pw: prino, moar like PRIMO, amirite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read this, I thought to myself: "Mondo Huge!" The woman used her ringing endorsement of Doug Hoffman to declare war on the A**Clown GOP. Don't be surprised if she shows up there last week of the Campaign, especially since I now expect Obama to show up on the ground to counter the flood of Movement Conservative money that will now flow into Doug's coffers.

    From your reporting of two days ago, I know that the high command of the Hoffman Campaign have to be on Cloud Nine right now. Their contribution numbers will now go off the chain. They were desperate.

    Prediction: Dede's contributions start drying up. Some Great Mentioner sits down with her and promises help in Another Race. She withdraws early next week. Quite frankly, I thought Dede might be a Giuliani protege, but it looks like she didn't have a patron anywhere, except Peter King.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work there, R.S. McCain. I don't how much direct influence you had on her decision, but I would bet that you had no small part in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, thanks for doing the right thing.

    Newt, well you suck Newt. The train left without you. Maybe you can score a gig late night on MSNBC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse Cornish said: "I don't how much direct influence you had on her decision, but I would bet that you had no small part in it."

    Ronald Reagan said, "You can accomplish much, if you don't care who gets the credit." The person who inspired me to write that "Sarah MIA" post was a Hoffman supporter who subsequently hit the tip jar for $100. So that person, who asked to remain anonymous, arguably deserves more credit than I do -- if it was my raising the question that helped nudge Sarah to endorse, which we don't know to be the case.

    But considering that it got me the first Allah link I'd had since . . . I don't know, maybe April, I ain't complaining.

    If everybody will just work as hard as they can, it doesn't matter who gets credit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The RNC called today asking for a donation.
    I told them "Go Scozzafava Yourselves"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy - As Jesse says here, you played no small part. Bravo, I am proud....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Allah pundit may not link there but in the comments there is a link to your coverage as it has been noted that at least one blogger is in the catbird seat since he is on site as the news breaks.

    wonder how that happened?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr.McCain, you are wrong. I posed the question about Sarah's PAC endorsing Doug Hoffman several weeks befoe you did.

    http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/09/will-sarah-pac-endorse-doug-hoffman.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The assploding Red Estate should be highly entertaining in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last week I wondered if it was worth the risk for her, I didn't come around till about Wednesday. Apparently she is much more Grant than McClellan, she FIGHTS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paypal of $20.00, coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. RSM,

    You and I have disagreed on a few points from time to time but I gotta say that this is totally welcome news.

    And just to make you eat your heart out Google "Palin Endorses Hoffman" - Google likes me.

    I ♥ Sarah'cudda

    And props to you for being ahead of the curve.

    As a commenter said at Classical Values:

    This is Exhibit 3 or 4 in making the case that Sarah Palin does not perceive her future as being within the confines of the Republican Party. It's only one of the many reasons she is the most fascinating figure (pun intended) in electoral politics today.

    And why I would follow this woman through the gates of hell, if she asked.
    Rhodium Heart · October 23, 2009 03:08 AM


    Yes I would too. In the words of a Naval predecessor of mine "I have not yet begun to fight"

    ReplyDelete
  15. RSM,

    Just gave you a little link love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beto_Ochoa said...
    The RNC called today asking for a donation.
    I told them "Go Scozzafava Yourselves"

    Thu Oct 22, 10:36:00 PM

    That's VERY FUNNY Beto - thanks for the LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as I saw Palin was behind Hoffman, I sent money in to Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the quote from The Raygun...

    Quoted from and linked to at:
    23 SKIDOO III

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is anything but a genuine conservative. She is a fair-weather sideshow coming in at the final hour on this race only to seal the unfortunate fate of Doug Hoffman. If he was gaining any momentum it will surely be lost as the news of her endorsement spreads through the District. For every vote she may bring to the polls through her "popularity" she will bring three Democrats into the fold. Her endorsement called upon images of Reagan and true conservatism - sadly this is a vision she can only play lip service to as it is certainly not a reflective of her own ideological composition. http://republicanredefined.com/2009/10/23/palin-enters-district-23-gop-endorsement/

    ReplyDelete
  20. But Sarah Palin is a kleptomaniac. Doesn't that bother you or anyone? Don't you think it's strange that NO ONE talks about this anymore?

    ReplyDelete