Track-a-'Crat and I were out to Inglourious Basterds last night. If you take it as a comic book, the movie is an entertaining vehicle. At one point, ordering a glass of milk takes on sinister overtones. If you take the movie seriously, it falls apart. The characters are paper thin and the whole plot is counter-factual.
As with Pulp Fiction, the title encapsulates the film: the spelling errors in IB are a clue as to what you're getting. Tarentino is a truth-in-labeling kind of fellow, and should be respected for that.
They told me if I voted for McCain that the state would merge with the church, and they weren't just shuffling prayer mats!
- Obi's Sister is off jury duty, and amazed out the pace of Changeeba and
- Hyscience isn't buying co-ops. They're like coops with a dash of punctuation.
- Belvederus Maximus has the best roundup on the topic. As if that's surprising.
- The Daily Pundit says "Under socialized medicine, child molesters get Viagra, but granny gets her blood pressure meds pulled."
- Momma Pundette linked in a roundup of news of the 'God in Heaven' variety. Pray for peace.
- Ruby Slippers had an excellent roundup, linking the Rick Lowry post.
- Reganite Republican Resistance has a lengthy analysis of Obama's political condition.
- Carol rounds things up nicely.
- Jimmie breaks in with a primo clip from Airplane! about the left's characterization of Sarah Palin.
- The Classic Liberal picked up the Maureen Dowd riff.
- Carolyn puts it succinctly:
What they don't seem to get is that they are energizing the anti-ObamaCare folks with each falsehood they put out.
- Carolyn complements this blog via image theft. You can't damage our images any further, but have a go nonetheless.
- The Daley Gator had mooched the pictures first.
Linked by the following:
- Obi's Sister
- Pundit & Pundette
- American Power
- Right View from the Left Coast
- Lead and Gold
- The Camp of the Saints.
- Grand Rants gave an Oh, Barf to the POTUS Grand Canyon pic.
- Nice Deb gave it an Enchanted Media Moment.
- Moe lane picked up Stacy's anti-primer crusade. One subtlety is that, with a long 'i' vowel, primer goes on the wall. With a short 'i' vowel, the word describes that which makes one prim and proper. Stand by for a smirk from me if you fumble the shibboleth in conversation.
- Obi's Sister wants to have Stacy engage in psyops against a rival sports team. The question is, has following IG-Gate improved Stacy's unethical practices sufficiently?
- Whereas Melissa Clouthier had a light meditatio called Do names determine behavior?.
- He's got his mojo working ,says Bob Belvedere
- The Fat Guy says:
I’ve never had a Heinlein obsession, but I’ve never had an electric guitar, either. I’m not going to rattle off my manliness bona-fides. It’s unbecoming.
I'll be honoring a Naval Reservist present in the Navy Command Center
- Obi's Sister is a supporter.
- I see I was #76 on the list, via Comedy Plus. This is more the tragedy portion.
- Wizwow quotes Stacy.
- Lead and Gold:
The Reader's Digest did not need consultants. It just needed a great editor who did not have contempt for the core market.
- Rightofcourse reached for the Lady Macbeth title.
They can't sell cars to the sane, but they can sell crap to the electorate.
- Liberal Smash wonders aloud at Cash for Clunkers.
- Moe hat tips us for pointing out Gene Lyons' silliness
- Carol did spledid work on her Jon Voight post
- The Washington Independent links us, focusing on the periferal issue of birthers. Nicely independent touch, this majoring on the minors. Cui Bono?
- Getting quoted in The Economist earns a link Troglopundit. Yes!
- Steynian continues to scare me.
- Stacy posted at Winds of Babylon, though it seems incestuous to link ourselves this way
- Thanks for the excellent summary of recent domestic events by JSF. Well worth your time.
- WyBlog reminds us that taxes are for little people.
- Rhetorican linked us on the public option.
- Jimmie has a description on astroturfing that shall not be confused with a primer.
- Teach at Pirate's Cove linked the government cheese quip.
- Trog reminds us why we don't upset Carol.
- Jimmie liked the humor test.
- Bob Belvedere picked up the Frum-drubbing, the Color of Change, my 'racist' post about vampires (who knew he was such a fan of the undead?), the government cheese remark,
the Spectator piece on GOP revival, a Gerson slam, and, finally, he curses me for breaking out the Circle Jerks on Peggy Noonan (which is less wierd than it sounds),
life. However, he should feel free to draw a lesson from the film in any case.
Please forgive my hasty oversights and send corrections and URLs to Smitty.
Fishersville Mike had linked us here on the Phoenix protests. What ends up happening sometimes, and I think this is was the case, is that my Technorati-scraper will have a line it in that says http://fishersvillemike.blogspot.com, and I just let it fall on the floor, lacking time to figure out where we were linked in every case.
Thanks for keeping me straight, Mike.